Failure to launch when moving Wad to SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MartinGandy, Aug 11, 2012.

Aug 11, 2012
  1. MartinGandy
    OP

Newcomer MartinGandy Newbie

I have been using usb loader and home brew for over a year now and works fine. I just installed wad manager 1.7 to play wiiware games, i install them fine, then move them to the sd card and most of them work. BUT half of them dont work after i move them to the sdcard. They work on the wii but after moving them says error. I did read that could be about IOS but wasnt sure.
    Im on IOS236 and firmware 4.3. I dont have enough space on the wii to keep the games on it so do i have to change the IOS or something to move my games to the SD card and still get them working, read something about the hash.

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    If these wads are fakesigned you need to have your system menu IOS patched with trucha to allow them to play from the SD card. There are better ways though, if you don't require the system menu to launch your games. Look into something like Wiiflow, postLoader, or another program that supports emulating the NAND on your SD card or USB stick/drive with CIOSX 249/250.

3. MartinGandy
    OP

Newcomer MartinGandy Newbie

i didnt understand any of that sorry.