XP
Country
United States

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are 100% just taking a piss on TX, as was always obvious.

And this is all definitely patchable, tweet makes that super obvious.

So it's just a bootrom bug that they turned into a hardmod?

lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can't ninty patch the bootrom at the factory now? Not requiring a new hardware revision?

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are 100% just taking a piss on TX, as was always obvious.

And this is all definitely patchable, tweet makes that super obvious.

Yeah, Fail0verflow is totally deserving of respect for doing that, right? Any developer or team, regardless of reputation, that goes out of their way to piss off other developers, can screw a cactus; devs like that don't deserve respect.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

bludud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's honestly been fantastic watching how all these exploits are suddenly coming out of the woodwork now that Xecuter has spooked these developers with the promise of actually delivering something substantial. What's even more fantastic is that the community is in a win-win position, as fail0verflow either grows some balls and puts this exploit out, or backs down as team Xecuter delivers and rakes it in. I personally expect the latter, but we'll see.

Last edited by bludud,

kitzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U36G8Z4.png

lol

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's just a bootrom bug that they turned into a hardmod?

Also, can't ninty patch the bootrom at the factory now? Not requiring a new hardware revision?

What TX is or is not doing, no idea, but odds are its probably leveraging the same thing with DRM and a way to make this usable by the average end-user even if it will likely result in blown mainboards.

Nintendo can patch a bootloader bug at factory, and with all this attention they will most certainly audit their bootloader (again). They audit all of their software now, and they've been fixing nVidia's screw-ups and bugs we didn't even know about/fixing bugs harder than expected. So their eyes will turn (and probably have for months) on the loader and figure it out, or someone like f0f will just simply report it and then document it in a year or so.

We're going fast...

... and we're burning exploits, running out of the wick.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What TX is or is not doing, no idea, but odds are its probably leveraging the same thing with DRM and a way to make this usable by the average end-user even if it will likely result in blown mainboards.

Nintendo can patch a bootloader bug at factory, and with all this attention they will most certainly audit their bootloader (again). They audit all of their software now, and they've been fixing nVidia's screw-ups and bugs we didn't even know about/fixing bugs harder than expected. So their eyes will turn (and probably have for months) on the loader and figure it out, or someone like f0f will just simply report it and then document it in a year or so.

We're going fast...

... and we're burning exploits, running out of the wick.

So what do you suggest we do, wait to see if Team Fail0verflow "releases" their exploit that's limited to 3.x.x? :rolleyes:

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do you suggest we do, wait to see if Team Fail0verflow "releases" their exploit that's limited to 3.x.x? :rolleyes:

I don't care what you do. 3.x was all that was needed for honest homebrew, and even some dishonest homebrew with the kernel whenever it goes public.

But now, when your (generally speaking) console gets banned sooner or later because you accidentally messed up and got sniffed... there will not be a replacement fresh on the market. /shrug (This is one example of a reason for why losing an important bug like this super early is just... dumb.)

Last edited by V-Temp,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what you do. 3.x was all that was needed for honest homebrew, and even some dishonest homebrew with the kernel whenever it goes public.

But now, when your (generally speaking) console gets banned sooner or later because you accidentally messed up and got sniffed... there will not be a replacement fresh on the market. /shrug (This is one example of a reason for why losing an important bug like this super early is just... dumb.)

Well, I'm sorry, but homebrew shouldn't be limited to 3.x.x firmware, and I'm willing to sacrifice online for homebrew. Hell, I haven't used online in several months, never even played against anyone online in even longer. So yeah. good luck having them ban my console if I don't connect online. The fact Team Fail0verflow is having a pissing contest with other devs just makes me abhor those attention whoring losers even more.

Ooh they have an exploit, a lot of good that'll do if they never release it. Remember when they teased the Wii U exploit, but sat on their asses for five years until other people did their job? Yeah, we don't need them. Team Fail0verflow can piss and moan all day long. Proof of concept is all well and good, but does no good when they don't do anything with it.

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree, if they don't release it it'll do a lot of good. Wait for 3.0.0 and CFW or for a modchip, cuz F0 will make Nintendo stop the prod. of the Switch for the time they develop a patch.

D

Deleted-355425

Lol @ smea saying stickpile.... how many switches are out there? Millionnnnnns.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yeah, Fail0verflow is totally deserving of respect for doing that, right? Any developer or team, regardless of reputation, that goes out of their way to piss off other developers, can screw a cactus; devs like that don't deserve respect.

I'd say they deserve a certain death by jumping of Burj Khalifa for such practices. The only true developer and valuable contributer seems to be TX, the rest of the attention mongering man childs is exactly what the world doesn't need.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did firmware affect bootrom exploit?

Did they not say that BootROM only works on earlier firmware between 1.0.0 to 3.0.0? Pretty sure anyone above that would be SOL. That said, consoles with golden firmware are getting more and more expensive, unless I missed something. Nevertheless, Team Fail0verflow hasn't released jack shit for Nintendo consoles last gen, and won't this gen.

It's either this, hardmod, or whatever, not very many choices, are there?

Am I wrong? I don't see BootROM being feasible on 4.x.x.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd say they deserve a certain death by jumping of Burj Khalifa for such practices. The only true developer and valuable contributer seems to be TX, the rest of the attention mongering man childs is exactly what the world doesn't need.
i'm guessing you forgot about ScriresM who has a kexploit and will release it once he has worked out a CFW/Emunand solution for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.