Facebook Gone!

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've finally done it. I've freed myself from Facebook. I used to RP on it because I was sick of making forums, but now I just can't deal with the drama anymore. I met some good friends on there, but ever since I've shown up, they've changed, and I think I'm the curse that caused it. So I deactivated all my accounts (I think anyway), including my real life account and just got away from it. All the RP drama and real life drama just pissed me off. Now I don't have to worry about an addiction that was slowly consuming my life. I don't have to worry about falling for someone I can't have, or causing anymore ruined friendships. I just had to leave.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I still have managed to not make a facebook.

Trust me, you're better off. I only had two friends that didn't piss me off with their drama. My friend Kristen and my friend Evan. Even my half-sister was pissing me off. Now she can't contact me whatsoever. My friend Annie said I would ruin the friendship if I left, then I just deactivated my main account and was done with it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It ends up depending on who you friend, like you said.

I'm only friending people that I personally know, which ends up making tensions a lot easier to handle.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just deleted pretty much every drama beast off of Facebook, regardless of how well I may know them.
I just don't like reading through all of the crap really.

I dunno though, FB has just never been bad for me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I hate Facebook I made one a few months ago, though I rarely use it and when I do it's to contact old friends I don't usually come in contact with

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I shut it down last november or so. But then it turned out, the only way for me to speak to some people for certain things, was facebook.

I think it's stupid that you "Free'd" yourself because you couldn't control what you did or couldn't react to people changing and everything, but eh, whatever.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Good for you. I have been facebook-free for a year. Now I just pretend to know what I'm talking about on gbatemp and hacksden.
wink.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if I had to hear about my half-sister (who found me on FB) talk about killing herself one more time, I might have killed her myself. Seriously, she's just like her mother (I was adopted by my grandparents so I'm not claiming her ass). See my friend Tyler didn't threaten to kill himself, he just kept trying to do it and I had to hear Annie tell me about it.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Honestly if I had to hear about my half-sister (who found me on FB) talk about killing herself one more time, I might have killed her myself. Seriously, she's just like her mother (I was adopted by my grandparents so I'm not claiming her ass). See my friend Tyler didn't threaten to kill himself, he just kept trying to do it and I had to hear Annie tell me about it.
That is messed up man...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:

I would suggest doing that to yourself..

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for you. I have Facebook and I only have few friends and mostly families.. FB can be evil and lots of drama. I am just prepare to delete fb and deactivate my account in the near future. Right now, I am okay. I am using it for almost a year. FB is bad news, I know. I will deactivate it when I feel its right time to do so. I already get them on my iphone phone book just in case I want to keep in touch with my family who I hadn't seen for a long time thanks to facebook.
smile.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why people hate it so much.
If you don't like a person, remove them. Simple as that.
Or are all of your friends bitches? Maybe it's you?

At heart it's just a way to connect with all your friends rather than narrowing it down to 3 or 4 close friends that you might hardly see.
I don't know why so many people look down their nose at it.

EDIT: I'm not saying you have to like it, just please come up with a more valid reason than "it causes drama" or "sick of seeing such and such a thing"

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:

At heart it's just a way to connect with all your friends rather than narrowing it down to 3 or 4 close friends that you might hardly see.
That is probably true, considering the way he talked about killing his half-sister for considering suicide. This is the first time I have seen the OP on the forum (I'm new here of course) and I already hate him.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:

Would have been nice if half of my friends didn't start shit and I didn't fall for a guy I didn't have a chance in hell with because he's in love with someone who has been lying and using him and he's too blind to see the truth. Also I have some major family drama.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c