Hacking EZteam launched EZV triple expansion card solution

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So the only real reason to get this is for the ds browser?

I think I shall keep the ds a sole gaming machine, and stick with Slot-1 solutions.
From what I see, there is no removable storage on the SLOT-1, so does that mean no GBA games?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a (slightly altered) quote from windirt (the EZTeam rep on the US forums) regarding the usage of the expansion, hopefully it should clear up some issues.

1. Rumble PAK function
Support all official rumble enabled games.

You have to place the newest official savelist into shell folder to make rumble pak works properly. This is because we marked the rumble enabled game in the list.
you can download the list here (various forum members make their own lists and tools and it should be incorporated somepoint soon as well):
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/ezsave.zip

(the following paragraph is perhaps not of much interest to most end users)
Manual mark the rumble enabled game in savelist.
open ezsave.lst by a hex editor, each game used 20 bytes to store game name, savetype, rumble status or another thing.
the first 16 are the rom name (directly from the rom but it is also a combination of the internal name and serial)
17th byte is savetype.
18th is the rumble status: set it to 01 enable the rumble, 00 to disable.

Vibration strength has 3 levels of adjustment in main menu by press L+R

2. Browser RAM Expansion function
Just copy the Browser cleanrom to microsd, or patch it with hybrid tool if you have a slow card. (bear in mind the browser uses standard PC formats for much of the internals so you can hack to suit your needs).

3. GBA function
Please use EZ4Client transfer GBAROM to microsd because the GBAROM still need be patched to save properly. It can't work or save properly if you direct copy them to microsd, the "saver" folder which EZ4Client auto generates can be deleted however.

1.Write GBA game
Highlight the GBAROM which you want to write and press R+SELECT. A to confirm, B to cancel

2. Backup Save from expansion card
Press R+X on EZ5 desktop, the saver will be saved to the GBASAVE folder. the file name is the ROMTITLE.sav. ROMTITLE is the current one written on expansion, A to confirm, B to cancel

3. Write the save to expansion card
Highlight the save file which you want to write in GBASAVE folder, and press R+Y, A to confirm, B to cancel

4. Launch the GBA game
Just press R+A

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I guess this doesn't work on an R4 then? I'd love if someone did something similar to this, which had its own microSD slot, like the M3Lite. Basically, an M3Lite with rumble and ram expansion support (without being patched), would be perfect, and that way the GBA roms wouldn't have to be patched either.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the only real reason to get this is for the ds browser?

I think I shall keep the ds a sole gaming machine, and stick with Slot-1 solutions.
From what I see, there is no removable storage on the SLOT-1, so does that mean no GBA games?

Uhm, no... And, no. One of the functions, yes, is RAM expansion for Opera but there are two more functions, hence the "triple" in the name. Those functions are a rumble pack and support for GBA games.

Slot 1 is the DS slot, this product is meant to be used in conjunction w/ an EZ5 which goes in the slot 1 and does indeed use removable media as storage (microSD). Slot 2 is the GBA slot, where you socket the product in question, and no it doesn't use removable media of its own. You put the GBA games on the EZ5's SD and write them to this cart from there.

On a side note, the one thing most reviews/users keep overlooking about the importance of a DS browser is that when at a hot spot that requires one to login to their web page and buy time before allowing one to use their wifi (eg Starbucks), having a DS browser means they can do this w/o the need of another device. Yes, Opera on the DS isn't the greatest thing from what I've read, but if I want to play a DS wifi game at my local coffee house I don't want to have to take my lap top there to do it.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are still in beta testing here is the guide for beta testers on how to use it.

ez_triple1.jpg

1. Rumble PAK function
Support all official rumble enabled game

You have to place the newest official savelist into shell folder to make rumble pak works properly. because we marked the rumble enabled game in the list.
you can download the list from below
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/ezsave.zip

Manual mark the rumble enabled game in savelist.
open ezsave.lst by a hex editor, each game used 20 digital to store game name, savetype, rumble status or another thing.
the first 16 digital is the rom name, 17th bit is savetype. 18th is the rumble status. set it to 01 enable the rumble. 00 to disable.

Vibration strength have 3 level adjustment in main menu by press L+R

2. Browser RAM Expansion function
Just copy the Browser cleanrom to microsd, or patch it with hybrid tool if you have a slow card.

3. GBA function
Please use EZ4Client transfer GBAROM to microsd. because the GBAROM still need be patched to save properly. It can's work or save properly if you direct copy them to microsd. the "saver" folder which EZ4Client auto generated can be deleted.

1.Write GBA game
Highlight the GBAROM which you want to write and press R+SELECT. A to confirm, B to cancel

2. Backup Save from expansion card
Press R+X on EZ5 desktop, the saver will be saved to the GBASAVE folder. the file name is the ROMTITLE.sav. ROMTITLE is the current one written on expansion, A to confirm, B to cancel

3. Write the save to expansion card
Highlight the save file which you want to write in GBASAVE folder, and press R+Y, A to confirm, B to cancel

4. Launch the GBA game
Just press R+A

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is $65 for the bundle from Gameyeeeah. That equates to the $40 for the V itself and $25 for the expansion pack. So I doubt it'd be any more than that. I base my $25 mark on the Supercard rumble cards, which are slightly more expensive than that, so I would hope that EZ would keep their price down to stay really competitive.

But a few days ago neither Kicktrading nor Gameyeeeah knew anything about details for the bundle. I emailed both. They didn't know when they'd have them or how much they'd cost.

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RThis offer is very tempting for those who got ds lite and want to jump into slot 1 card but also can't really let go of the slot 2 gba support. I was planning to get a m3 lite beause I heard of this. I am definitely getting the combo if it is price competitively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster