Hacking EZFlash Omega Definitive Edition: Safe Mode always loads/No_Loader_Found

ssj11mav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new purchase from the retro gaming repair shop. Worked amazing for 2 weeks and now suddenly it keeps going into safe mode. Tried flashing the kernel+firmware by holding down R after putting ezkernelnew.bin on the root of the SD and it keeps giving No_Loader_Found (see below). Also tried reformatting Micro SD card (4GB Toshiba SDHC) No difference. Really didn't want to have to post here but considering this is a newish product theres not much info via google-fu. I'm gonna try grabbing a new SD card soon to see if it makes a difference but I'm getting scared this is going to be a return/exchange. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image0we.jpg
    image0we.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 361

ssj11mav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try cleaning the pins on your SD card slot, and your SD card with some isopropyl alcohol.
Just tried, same thing. Also tried some compressed air...

I'll completely reformat a 16GB card I have and report back. It's currently not working but that might just be because it's not formatted correctly (wrong allocation size)

ssj11mav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 16GB SD card formatted with 32KB I put the bin file at the root and still doesn't work. I don't understand why it suddenly stopped but I guess I have no choice but to return/exchange now.

ssj11mav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of an update. I managed to fix it but I'm unsure if it was the correct way to go. I just took a shot in the dark.

I downloaded the recovery img file that I found on EZFlash's website and even though it was supposed to only be used on the regular EZFlash Omega, it worked on the definitive edition too. From there, once I sacrificed an SD card to a format/write for the img file it FINALLY let me load up 2 boots later while holding R to get the 1.01 firmware for DE reflashed on there.

I had to rename the kernel from ezkernelnew.bin to just ezkernel.bin but it did the trick

What a roundabout way of doing things! From what I read online I thought the "flasher" was built into device so all you had to do was hold R without needing to load up an entirely seperate file. I'm glad I was able to figure it out and hope it helps others in the future!

This also, however, means that the firmware was somehow LOST without me even doing anything... kind of makes me worried.

Attachments

• unknownsadsad.png
    unknownsadsad.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 303
  • image0cs.jpg
    image0cs.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 282

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Bit of an update. I managed to fix it but I'm unsure if it was the correct way to go. I just took a shot in the dark.

I downloaded the recovery img file that I found on EZFlash's website and even though it was supposed to only be used on the regular EZFlash Omega, it worked on the definitive edition too. From there, once I sacrificed an SD card to a format/write for the img file it FINALLY let me load up 2 boots later while holding R to get the 1.01 firmware for DE reflashed on there.

I had to rename the kernel from ezkernelnew.bin to just ezkernel.bin but it did the trick

What a roundabout way of doing things! From what I read online I thought the "flasher" was built into device so all you had to do was hold R without needing to load up an entirely seperate file. I'm glad I was able to figure it out and hope it helps others in the future!

This also, however, means that the firmware was somehow LOST without me even doing anything... kind of makes me worried.

You have to rename the kernel name every time when you upgrading. until we release a recovery image for Definitive Edition.

BigHard69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing just happened to mine, but it was completely my fault. I wiped the loader without thinking, so now I'm doing the same thing to upgrade my firmware. I should have been more careful, but at least this workaround works.

Last edited by BigHard69,
Reactions: Vacko

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China

createthiswaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whats the link for the recovery img file? I can't find it

wesmess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'M TRYING TO USE WIN32 DISK IMAGER BUT WHEN I TRY TO SELECT omega-recovery.img ON MY MICROSD CARD IT SAYS "Image file cannot be located on the target device". WHAT DO I DO!?

Vacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright boys and girls, I have come to help out as well. After having this exact issue myself and have a heck of a time trying to fix it, I finally found a guide that shows step by step what to do in order to fix this. It looks like the OP has fixed the issue, but I needed a little more direction on exactly what to do and how to do it. Now that I have fixed it for myself, I wanted to post it here. (I cant post URLS so I posted a photo of the URL below.)

For some reason this PDF was far more difficult for me to find than it should have been. This was very simple to follow and completely fixed my issue! (Whew). The only thing I did wrong during this process was that I placed the recovery IMG file inside the SD card that I was using. Make sure to put the .IMG outside of your SD card before you continue on with the guide.
Capture.PNG

Thanks OP for helping solve this issue! I hope this helps other people that may find this post in the far future. Please let me know if anyone needs any help. Thanks.

Vacko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc...