Emulation EZFlash 4- Skins and Mother 3

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a) how do i change skins
b) Mother 3 is not working. I think the file is too big, but i have the translation on it for english. the size is 32, 768KB...and i get the error:

WARNING: PSRAM IS NOT ENOUGH

Thanks for the help!

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Trimming won't get rid of the title screen or anything like that. It'll cut out some of the junk data.

Search "GBA rom trimmer" in google.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Highlight the ROM then press Select to copy to NOR.

You need EZ Skinner to skin the ezfla_up.bin then put in the root directory of your miniSD and press R while the GBA is booting.

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so after i press select and copy to NOR or w/e, i have to shut it off, put the EZ Skinner ezfla_up.bin on the root and hold R while booting?

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or do i skin the ezfla_up.bin WITH the skinner? and if so do i just drop the ezfla_up.bin on the "EZ4Skinner.exe" Application?

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i got it to work. BUT I have a question. Mother 3 is now outside of the rest of the game files. so I go to the GBA folder, and it says "SD card" as the forst option, or mother 3 as the second. is there anyway i can get them all together?

[EDIT]: When I look on the SD, it doesnt even show Mother 3

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, is it better to have all games this way? (like make NOR copies) because i noticed there is no load time for Mother 3, where there is for the other games.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
or do i skin the ezfla_up.bin WITH the skinner? and if so do i just drop the ezfla_up.bin on the "EZ4Skinner.exe" Application?

You download ezfla_up.bin from here, copy ezfla_up.bin to the EZSkinner folder, and run skin_text.bat (from a console would probably be best). Then copy the newly altered ezfla_up.bin to your miniSD card and hold down the R button while starting up your GBA. It'll tell you it's writing the ezfla_up.bin file. Once done, you should probably remove the ezfla_up.bin from your miniSD card so you don't accidentally flash it again needlessly.

Oh, and if you're using a skin from the EZ-Flash IV Skin Forum, odds are good that there's an ezfla_up.bin already included. The only reason to fiddle with EZ4Skinner then is if the skin was produced against an older version of the firmware (the latest version is 1.720; most people use the RESET hacked version of 1.720).

QUOTE said:
ok so i got it to work. BUT I have a question. Mother 3 is now outside of the rest of the game files. so I go to the GBA folder, and it says "SD card" as the forst option, or mother 3 as the second. is there anyway i can get them all together?

No. This is the EZ-Flash IV's way of signifying the file is in the NOR space.

Also, is it better to have all games this way? (like make NOR copies) because i noticed there is no load time for Mother 3, where there is for the other games.

The NOR space is only 32MB (ie, 32768KB) big*. For some people, putting multiple smaller games in the NOR space is good because, as you note, there's no load time. But with NOR space being the only way to play 32MB games*, you have to consider how willing you are to wait the five minutes to reflash the NOR space each time you want to switch out for such a game versus the load time for smaller games. Personally, the fuss of having to reflash the NOR space isn't worth it.

*This true if you have the EZ-Flash IV Phat (called that because it's the size of a GBA cartridge). If you have an EZ-Flash IV Deluxe (which is the size of an NDS dust cover, and hence incompatible with the GBA unless you physically remove it from its cartridge and put it in a larger one), you have 32MB of PSRAM and 48MB of NOR. Seeing as you were getting an error with Mother 3 which is 32MB, I'm presuming you have an EZ-Flash IV Phat.

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOW. Thank you. THAT was the explanation i needed. Thank you so much! Currently trying to find a nice Metroid or Golden Sun EZ Flash Background
biggrin.gif
(now that i know how to do it)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the "select" NOR thing and it did the "Erasing" thing. It just stops as "Erasing... 128Mb" ????
It's been quite a while since I last copied a game to NOR but if I remember correctly, that's supposed to happen.

Just leave your GBA or DS for about 10 minutes and if it shows absolutely no sign of progress then I don't think you'll find a solution.

IngrownTesticle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the "select" NOR thing and it did the "Erasing" thing. It just stops as "Erasing... 128Mb" ????
It's been quite a while since I last copied a game to NOR but if I remember correctly, that's supposed to happen.

Just leave your GBA or DS for about 10 minutes and if it shows absolutely no sign of progress then I don't think you'll find a solution.

huh. I deleted the rom. also, i didn't trim the file. i think i am just going to wait until i have a acekard 2i and a ez flash 3in1 and play the mother games that way. thanks for the response.

edit: ugh. looks like mother 3 on a ds lite with an acekard 2i/ez flash iv isn't necessarily smooth sailing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-