Hacking EZFlash 3in1 saving issues

akabane21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

Recently bought a 3in1 Expansion and I got some "issues" regarding with GBA save files. First of all the only game I play as of now is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, so I loaded that game in the NOR memory, started a new game just for testing purposes and it saves well, but when I try to dump the savefile into a .sav file with GBAExploader it says that there is no SRAM, but when reload the game the save stills there. The slot-1 card I use is EZFlash Vi with the last firmware (ver:805, firm: 101, K:3.0 OB1), and it doesn´t either let me dump savefile from 3in1 with the R+X comand (obviously doesnt let me copy another savefile to 3in1 with R+Y comand). I got the "New3in1" version of the card´s chipset, and each time I start the GBAExploader (version 0.58b0) it asks me to initialize the slot-2 card so I thought was the battery, but it saves well. Hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
akabane21 said:
Hi

Recently bought a 3in1 Expansion and I got some "issues" regarding with GBA save files. First of all the only game I play as of now is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, so I loaded that game in the NOR memory, started a new game just for testing purposes and it saves well, but when I try to dump the savefile into a .sav file with GBAExploader it says that there is no SRAM, but when reload the game the save stills there. The slot-1 card I use is EZFlash Vi with the last firmware (ver:805, firm: 101, K:3.0 OB1), and it doesn´t either let me dump savefile from 3in1 with the R+X comand (obviously doesnt let me copy another savefile to 3in1 with R+Y comand). I got the "New3in1" version of the card´s chipset, and each time I start the GBAExploader (version 0.58b0) it asks me to initialize the slot-2 card so I thought was the battery, but it saves well. Hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance

Let´s see first... try 0.59b i think it´s the latest...

If you have everytime a splash screen asking for initialize your 3in1, then it IS a save related problem, mostly a dead or faulty battery. While you may save, try saving your game, switching off DS power, take out 3in1 , then reinsert after a minute or two. After that... did you have your current save game? (check in-game).

If you had your saved game loaded, maybe you new chipset isn´t supported by an older GBAexploader version, and most likely you will need the latest version available.

If data erased or gave a on-screen corrupt save file problem (in GBA game), then it´s a dead battery. Try a refunding and go buy it in another store.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
gba exploader doesn't work properly on the EZ-Flash Vi by default. You will have to get the a modified version of the DLDI file to put on the flashcart to get some apps to run properly.

You can read the original here:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12939

You should get the correct file here:
http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?ti...ash_5_(SD_Card)

Once you got that on the microSD, you shouldn't have any issues with exploader. You might have to delete any KH save file from the microSD and reload the game to the 3in1.

Either that or use the internal gba loader on the EZ-Flash Vi.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
how_do_i_do_that said:
gba exploader doesn't work properly on the EZ-Flash Vi by default. You will have to get the a modified version of the DLDI file to put on the flashcart to get some apps to run properly.

You can read the original here:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12939

You should get the correct file here:
http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?ti...ash_5_(SD_Card)

Once you got that on the microSD, you shouldn't have any issues with exploader. You might have to delete any KH save file from the microSD and reload the game to the 3in1.

Either that or use the internal gba loader on the EZ-Flash Vi.

Awesome, didn´t know that!

Great job!

akabane21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, first of all thanks for your help.

I tried the things you said and here are some new questions I got:

1. Where I can find GBA Exploader 0.59b? googling only throws me the 0.58b
2. About the DLDI file, I tried the files of the wiki link, and when launched the app it said me about FAT reading error and to try the correct DLDI patch. The only one .dldi file that works seem to be the one to be included in the last firmware (EZ5iV3.dldi) cause the one of the previous release (EZ5V2.dldi) that seemed to be product of the research of the link that how_do_i_do_that posted didnt work either. (question?)

Well, the other issue I got was with the EZ Flash Vi built-in "GBA support" cause like I said in my previous post, I cant use the R+X and R+Y comand in the menu to dump and insert .sav files into the 3in1 expansion, but I can use the R+A comand to launch "GBA mode".

Btw, thanks (again) for all previous help and hope this could be solved, I only could wish to continue my previous save data of KH for not starting again (and if I do that, wanna backup that save to avoid lose it if I change the rom in the NOR memory).

P.S.: the save still there after one day

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. 0.59b doesn't exit.
2. works only on currently anything below the kernel 3.0. only noticed that after I posted it.

Use the touch screen, your options pop up in a small window, it is also a selection window, not just the shortcuts.

The window is clickable with the touchpad, select PSRAM from the touchscreen.
IMG_150343c.jpg

akabane21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, KH is 32 mb so it doesn´t load in PSram, and I tried another game to load in PSram while KH is in NOR memory and booted KH, it´s kind of weird.

I think is a 3in1 hardware issue, well, I´ll see if I could get a "warranty" for it

Edit: I found out how this works (now that I´m not so tired): When a game is loaded with the EZFlash Vi built-in GBA Loader in the NOR memory it works great, saves and all, but changing the rom in the NOR memory the save file is backed in GBASAVE dir on microsd so the save is not lost, and when changing again loads that .sav file. So there is not need to use GBA Exploader (anyway it doesnt work well in that card).

I don´t know why I didn´t figure it out before
sleep.gif
Well, thanks for the help anyway

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
im having the same problem with chain of memories actually, everything else saves fine through psram and pokemon has worked through nor but i can't get chain of memories to save

I think it might need a patch or something, is yours patched

im using gba exploader btw with a ez flash 3 in 1 and a dstt patched with ysmenu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@