EZ5i v12 internal firmware released- DSi 1.4 works

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
funem said:
halljames said:
Here is just hoping that Supercard get theirs sorted, and for that matter, all of the other ones as well.

Question though, I have read lots about how that the card now contains copyrighted info (it pretends to be a comercial cart) which is illegal blah blah blah. Surelly flash carts are illegal anyway are they not, regardless of if they contain copyrighted code.

I think what has happened now is that you have gone from a potentially grey area of "is it legal or isn't it" to a definite breach of copyright by using the name and icon... this will be interesting to watch. I feel the other cart makers ( acekard and M3 ) may hold off still further till they see what the legal ramification of this is

We may find this pushes the WHOLE cart issue right into the legal fore and there is now definite ammunition in Nintendo's gun for shutting them down

..... interesting times indeed.
I think the M3 Team wont have a problem with illegal code just because they let you do the dirty work of flashing the card and do not host the flashfiles themself. So they always fine.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, the first one that actually released. Hopefully the others follow suit and release fixes if any, and use the others as examples if they haven't.

JSHidaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anaxs said:
well this is good news

if ezflash could do it than ace kard can to
i smell it comin

all those teams are chinese and what they do best is "copy/clone" what ever works. so probably in few days all others teams will release the fix.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't probelly update my acekard 2i anyways because I don't want a Tak Icon on my Acekard when I boot it up. And who knows there probelly will be a lot of bugs that could even brick your Acekard. And I am using a DS lite I don't see any point for me to update.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't Nintendo theoretically update the Firmware so that if anyone uses a game with that ID it attempts to write to a certain memory address, on a real cartridge nothing will happen and the game will boot. For a Flashcard it corrupts the firmware on the card... Doable or not?

Regardless doubt Nintendo would ever do that
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They could've used a more popular game, or at least one with an icon that suits the EZ-Flash.
They could've used Mario, or something like Phoenix Wright (the icon is a contradiction).
But this is fine work nonetheless.

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KevInChester said:
Couldn't Nintendo theoretically update the Firmware so that if anyone uses a game with that ID it attempts to write to a certain memory address, on a real cartridge nothing will happen and the game will boot. For a Flashcard it corrupts the firmware on the card... Doable or not?

biggrin.gif

were not hear to help nintendo, are we??
smileipb2.png

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wireles said:
KevInChester said:

biggrin.gif

were not hear to help nintendo, are we??
smileipb2.png

Nope!
smileipb2.png
Besides, I think that might be illegal. It'd be corrupting something that's property of the end user. They could probably get sued themselves if they did that, as technically flashcards aren't illegal, but at the same time they are.
ph34r.gif

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically feasible though? In that case check for write capability in certain memory areas?

As for this helping Nintendo, I daresay the people who work there are umpteen times cleverer than me... and well these things are hardly revolutionary ideas are they
biggrin.gif

For the first idea, agreed on it being most likely illegal.

/Anyways, I won't discuss this again, it's a bit off topic in all actuality.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
They used TAK because its not a big conpany and they probelly won't care. But if they did MARIO than Nintendo will care.
But even if it was mario what would really change the it from being tak they would probably react the same way.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario would give Nintendo a massive stick to beat all of the companies with, at least the ones based in countries that 'respect' copyrights/trademarks.

vi3tnaznboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, has anyone tried to work the cheats on this new firmware yet??? I haven't but would like to know...also with the really old firmware, I was able to play my mp3 songs, but I'm not sure if this one lets you also.. Thanks guys.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@vi3tnaznboi this is the internal loader/firmware and has nothing to do with the loader you see when you load up games, it should work with any kernel the EZ5i is compatible with.

For the record though the media playback was lost in the move to the 2.0 line and we are not certain it will return. Anyhow we now have a reset patch for the moonshell 2.0 series so you do not even have to power cycle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp