EZ5i skinning competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Heh. The submitted themes are looking great so far. I'll be submitting one soon as well but unfortunaely it will feature Rockman.EXE which is copyrighted by CAPCOM. I like Rockman.EXE very much but i think i'll make the theme for the fun, and not necessarily for the prize.
smile.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok guys. Thanks for your participation.
I will check your entries today when i have time and tell you if they are valide.
wink.gif

viz

neckbeard
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
launch button is hidden by default for some reason

is it needed?, can you not press A or something? dont have a cart to test these things

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@all : keep in mind that creativity is the leitmotif of this contest, so don't hesitate to change everything available in Ez Skin forger. System icons for example.
wink.gif

A tips : http://www.iconfinder.com/

And like told in Tips, you can drag an drop everything on touch screen.

Last, transparency (alpha channel) is a very interesting feature in PNG pictures that will help you to create amazing skin, so don't hesitate to use it !
See those example :

demo3r.png
demo1xs.png
demo2a.png

Left to right : touch screen, Popup panel and setting panel previews

Also you can interact with the background like it's done on this demo skin (only a demo to show you guys, be careful of copyrighted pictures). When you click on right robot it correspond to arrow down and the other bot arrow up.
When you click on the sun, it's light control.
See ? There is almost no limit do your creativity, so go on guys and be creative !!!
grog.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
o.0 I think I'm screwed xD. My skin is probably going to get owned (I'm still going to submit it though, after I finish of course).
Just something I'm hoping an EZ5 owner can do in their spare time (if they so wish to help the skinners in the competition), you would have my utmost respect and gratitude if you would be so kind as to give a complete video of every possible screen and icon that can appear (so there would be a demonstration of the progress bars and whatever else that most of the reviews I have seen don't show) preferably with crystal clear quality and a default skin, though just decent quality is fine.

Anyways, good luck to the rest of the skinners. Although I currently detest everyone in the spirit of attempting to win and will try my best to beat the lot of you, I'm hoping to see some wicked-ass skins so don't disappoint xD (we can be friends afterwards...unless I don't win, jk.)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
popoffka said:
Btw, why don't I see "launch" button in everyone's works?
Well, it's not required because we can press A to launch a game or enter a folder.
BTW, when i doesn't use the launch button icon in my skins, i do a trick so we can start the game by touching the game's icon.

I enabled Launch icon check box, change manually coordinate to match game icon one and enter the same size than the game icon (32x32).
Done !
tongue.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gisel213 said:
Here is my entry.... Dangersously Addictive

Gotta Love those flashcarts
yaynds.gif
hi gisel213 and thanks for your entry.
BTW, it's an incomplete skin (missing splash screens and splash animation). Please pay attention at the first and second post.

Also, your skin name exceed 8 char !

Please fix that if you wish your entry get validated.
wink.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buckeye said:
EZVi Clear

Screens:

clear.gif

preview.jpg

preview2.jpg

I have an extra DS lite board, so I took a pic and made a skin...
Hi Buckeye and thanks for your entry but a file is missing : clear_up.bin
Even if you made a splash .ani that use the top screen, you must provide the upper splash picture.
If someone wish to not display the animation and delete it there will be no upper screen background and the ezflash default will be displayed.
wink.gif

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
@TLOZ

Just tested your skin on my EZVi - it looks great!
The only things that'd be good to be fixed IMHO are arrows (they're pretty small and too simple) and the "Launch" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol