FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A quick update, games 202 231 237 233 243 280 281 apparently have bugs fixed and FF3 now works.

The link below is my version including an updated GBA and DS rom list as well as an improved translation. (Thanks are owed to kazumi213 and the GBA link team for the GBA list)
Direct link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/3135821/ea007f...z419august.html (It is a 7zip file so grab a later version of winrar or 7zip to use it)

Feel free to share the link/my version.

Should you for some reason want the original version: http://www.tobitai.net/article.asp?id=535 has it.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks...I'll give it a try.
grog.gif

Hopefully everything works now, I don't want to mess around with older versions of the client.
unsure.gif

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup seems to work pretty well...star fox saves now so ive been playin that to the best of my ability (cuz i cant read jpn
frown.gif
lol) the US rom should be out soon as the US release date for the official game is less than 10 days away...ff3 intro also plays very very smooth and awesome...cant say the same for the castlevania intro yet though
frown.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I just get white screens indefinately on my ez4 regular size trying to run Starfox
frown.gif

Anyone have any idea why ? i'm using the 18th of august client and the new 1.69 firmware

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I found the problem with starfox after testing it in about 10 or so ways, with different clients, save files and reset options.

It turned out that it didn't like flashmeV5, upgraded the ds to V7 and it boots up fine now, haven't play tested it yet.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not that the intro is a huge problem...gameplay is perfect which is fine for me...what i dont get is why the intro is that way when other games cut scene sequences/fmv's/intros do not run that way...its more of a curious notion than I WANT IT FIXED NOW lol...just doesnt makes sense to me why it doesnt run the way all the other games do.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is the castlevania intro such a big issue for people? It doesnt actually affect the gameplay where its most important.

its not a problem.... its more of a future possible deficiency

kinda like if you had a car that goes only 70mph top speed... its not a problem because thats the speed limit and you probably wont pass it most of the time.... but perhaps in the future when theres new regulation and the new top speed law is 80mph, then your car is too slow

same with the EZ4... in the future, better games will come out that might push the DS hardware even harder (better graphics need better data transfer speed)... us EZ4 owners could be stuck with a card thats slow in gameplay when the G6 users know that they will have no problem

ultim

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why is the castlevania intro such a big issue for people? It doesnt actually affect the gameplay where its most important.

its not a problem.... its more of a future possible deficiency

kinda like if you had a car that goes only 70mph top speed... its not a problem because thats the speed limit and you probably wont pass it most of the time.... but perhaps in the future when theres new regulation and the new top speed law is 80mph, then your car is too slow

same with the EZ4... in the future, better games will come out that might push the DS hardware even harder (better graphics need better data transfer speed)... us EZ4 owners could be stuck with a card thats slow in gameplay when the G6 users know that they will have no problem

i understand what you mean but from my understanding, castlevania is the game fmv doesnt play smoothly, and therefore it doesnt mean all future games with the same sort of fmv will have problems. In other words i think castlevania is an isolated problem. Am i wrong?

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just get white screens indefinately on my ez4 regular size trying to run Starfox
frown.gif

Anyone have any idea why ? i'm using the 18th of august client and the new 1.69 firmware

it works but u gotta wait for like 5-10 seconds before the game actually starts lol.

also, I think the castlevania intro movie is encoded badly.. so it's a bigger size. The FF3 intro movie runs perfectly on the EZ4, no lagging, no frame skipping, smooth as my gf's skin. it's encoded perfectly to save memory space and the EZ4 can run it no problem.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I and many others have had it working so I can assure you it works.
Some people have to plug in the memory card reader beforehand to get it to work make sure the directory structure is maintained as well (it is very picky about that)

By the way you can disable those error reports, here is a tool you can use: http://www.xp-antispy.org/

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i can play local wifi and wfc just fine...granted i havent tested every game though..but the ones i like seem to work just fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.