EZ4 Client, 19th of August

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by FAST6191, Aug 19, 2006.

Aug 19, 2006

EZ4 Client, 19th of August by FAST6191 at 4:21 PM (1,952 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A quick update, games 202 231 237 233 243 280 281 apparently have bugs fixed and FF3 now works.

The link below is my version including an updated GBA and DS rom list as well as an improved translation. (Thanks are owed to kazumi213 and the GBA link team for the GBA list)
    Direct link:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/3135821/ea007f...z419august.html (It is a 7zip file so grab a later version of winrar or 7zip to use it)

Feel free to share the link/my version.

Should you for some reason want the original version: http://www.tobitai.net/article.asp?id=535 has it.

2. Ichiban

Member Ichiban GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Cheers! :}

3. Bladedaos

Newcomer Bladedaos Member

United States
    cool thanks im expecting on getting my ezflash iv in a few days. this will help.

4. ultim

Member ultim GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    thanks for providing us the update!

5. bobbyblunt

Newcomer bobbyblunt Advanced Member

6. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks...I'll give it a try. [​IMG]

Hopefully everything works now, I don't want to mess around with older versions of the client. [​IMG]

7. teH XeRO

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yup seems to work pretty well...star fox saves now so ive been playin that to the best of my ability (cuz i cant read jpn [​IMG] lol) the US rom should be out soon as the US release date for the official game is less than 10 days away...ff3 intro also plays very very smooth and awesome...cant say the same for the castlevania intro yet though [​IMG]

8. ultim

United Kingdom
    why is the castlevania intro such a big issue for people? It doesnt actually affect the gameplay where its most important.

9. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    I just get white screens indefinately on my ez4 regular size trying to run Starfox [​IMG]

Anyone have any idea why ? i'm using the 18th of august client and the new 1.69 firmware

10. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you did rewrite the rom to the card with this client ?

11. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    I found the problem with starfox after testing it in about 10 or so ways, with different clients, save files and reset options.

It turned out that it didn't like flashmeV5, upgraded the ds to V7 and it boots up fine now, haven't play tested it yet.

12. teH XeRO

United States
    its not that the intro is a huge problem...gameplay is perfect which is fine for me...what i dont get is why the intro is that way when other games cut scene sequences/fmv's/intros do not run that way...its more of a curious notion than I WANT IT FIXED NOW lol...just doesnt makes sense to me why it doesnt run the way all the other games do.

13. zragnarok

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States

its not a problem.... its more of a future possible deficiency

kinda like if you had a car that goes only 70mph top speed... its not a problem because thats the speed limit and you probably wont pass it most of the time.... but perhaps in the future when theres new regulation and the new top speed law is 80mph, then your car is too slow

same with the EZ4... in the future, better games will come out that might push the DS hardware even harder (better graphics need better data transfer speed)... us EZ4 owners could be stuck with a card thats slow in gameplay when the G6 users know that they will have no problem

14. ultim

United Kingdom
    i understand what you mean but from my understanding, castlevania is the game fmv doesnt play smoothly, and therefore it doesnt mean all future games with the same sort of fmv will have problems. In other words i think castlevania is an isolated problem. Am i wrong?

15. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    it works but u gotta wait for like 5-10 seconds before the game actually starts lol.

also, I think the castlevania intro movie is encoded badly.. so it's a bigger size. The FF3 intro movie runs perfectly on the EZ4, no lagging, no frame skipping, smooth as my gf's skin. it's encoded perfectly to save memory space and the EZ4 can run it no problem.

16. Valshar

Newcomer Valshar Member

Portugal
    I can't open this new version's client, it gives me that "send report" windows error, anyone?

17. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I and many others have had it working so I can assure you it works.
    Some people have to plug in the memory card reader beforehand to get it to work make sure the directory structure is maintained as well (it is very picky about that)

By the way you can disable those error reports, here is a tool you can use: http://www.xp-antispy.org/

18. littleho

Member littleho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    awesome, do you know if it fixed the wifi errors?

19. teH XeRO

United States
    yeah i can play local wifi and wfc just fine...granted i havent tested every game though..but the ones i like seem to work just fine [​IMG]