Hacking ez v 3in1 with acekard 2.1

nicholas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just got the slot2 add-on today, its not recognized by the acekard or in the main ds lite load screen. what do i need, or could it be a dead cart. thanks for you help any suggestions would be appreciated

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
So your EZflash 3in1 doesn't work, eh? Read from top to bottom. Don't miss a section.

Possibly its a dead cart. First, test if the rumble works. Use game like MOON, METROID, HOTEL DUSK ROOM 215 and SUPER PRINCESS PEACH. (enable rumble in acekard setting first. Set it to "Low")

If its not rumble,
1- Its a dead cart.
2- Maybe its your firmware. Upgrade now.

If the rumble works but DS and Acekard wont show them:
1- Its a dead cart. Throw it away. Future NDS games dont support rumble anyway.
2- It wont show until you put something in it (GBA games). use GBA_ExpLoader or Cory's GBALdr. Load it in NOR. Turn off. Pull out slot1 cart. Turn ON.

If GBA game start:
1- Good. Enjoy.

If GBA game stuck at Gameboy screen. (or no GBA screen at all)
1- Its a dead cart. Throw it now.
2- Wait, maybe the way you load the game is wrong. You have to patched the GBA game first. Use GBATA or EZClient. Patch it now and load it again.

The GBA start.
1- Good. Your 3in1 is fully working. You can also use browser now. To save GBA game, put in the slot1 cart, start the GBA from there (from the GBAloader or Acekard), after playing and save, turn off and start again (if you start from gbaloader, open the gbaloader to keep the save. If you start from Acekard, it will save your game automaticly after reboot).

You can only put 1 GBA game in NOR at a time. Some said you can put more than 1, only EZflash V slot1 cart can do that, but since 3in1 only have 64MB NOR memory (new hardware, blue board, older green board have 32MB) not many games can be loaded.

Minimum GBA game size is 8MB (super suck games) and max is 32MB. This multi-rom can't be started in DS firmware, you can only start them in the EZflash V firmware.

GBA wont start.
1- Really, throw it away now. Buy a new one.

I also have a dead cart. EZ 3in1 ALWAYS have a dead cart. Only the lucky one will get the fully working cart. Usually on the second buy. (they're rip-off!!)

Yes, this guide also works with other slot1 cart. Keep the NDS games I mention above. Trust me, they're great games. Other good rumble games are Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! series (english ver. is Elite Beat Agent, but I dont like the song), Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Wario: Master in Disguise and Starfox.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
greator said:
If GBA game stuck at Gameboy screen. (or no GBA screen at all)
1- Its a dead cart. Throw it now.
2- Wait, maybe the way you load the game is wrong. You have to patched the GBA game first. Use GBATA or EZClient. Patch it now and load it again.

3. the homebrew file has an invalid header

-another world

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
If the homebrew file has an invalid header, it wont start at all. And only homebrews (and firmwares) loads GBA into 3in1.

If you say DLDI, most slot1 cart right now use auto patching, and homebrews will run off the bat.

umm.....maybe you mean the gba has an invalid header. Gbata, or gbaloader will patch them.

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all, I have the same setup, AK2 with EZ V 3 in 1. Opera works fine, Quake DS 1 & 2 work fine, GBA games work fine too, but there's a strange problem with the rumble pak. When I load AK2's official firmware (latest version), the rumbler option does not show anywhere and games don't use it. When I load AKAIO, rumbler shows up at the options and works fine (too noisy though). Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up