OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have EZ IV and flash me.
Is there any way to make it working with nds games on my ds lite?
I want to put some gba and nds games on it (spirit tracks).
What is newest firmware for it?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Spirit Tracks uses 1MB save files, all current hacks and workarounds make it use a 512KB save instead, that is also the maximum space available to the EZ4 for the SRAM (1MB or 8M). The anti-flashcart code stops you from using things like passme. The EZ4 currently only supports a max of 512KB save (that's because of pokemon). If a NDS game comes out and uses something larger than 1MB for save files, it won't matter how much you beg or ask for it to work on the EZ4, it would be physically impossible for you to play without a working save.

It is high time you start using a slot1 to play NDS games. Passme was originally made for NON-SDHC (2GB or less) slot1 flashcarts. If you got a SDHC capable slot1 and still using passme, you pretty much turned into a cheap ass who wont spend 20 bucks or equivalant for a 8GB microSDHC.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
that's one way of putting it... but one should be able to make a work around to create 2 512KB save slots or more if necessary in order to fight this problem. And make some kind of work-flow to read from all 2 (3 or more) save files to feed the game.

Love my EZ4, it's the best cart out there. (until now
biggrin.gif
) Because the EZ4 has no trouble whatsoever with any GBA game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool