Ez flash vi logo on dsi

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by lrwr14, Feb 16, 2010.

1. lrwr14
    OP

lrwr14 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2008
    Ok, I updated my Ez flash vi with the update that changed the boot logo to Tak The Great Juju Challenge(round the time flipnote studio came out), now when I brought a new ez flash vi card (for my cousin) i put my SD card into that and placed it into my DSi and turned it on, now for some reason it still has Tak The Great Juju Challenge as the logo and even when I put it into his DSi. A few weeks later I ordered another one for my other cousin and a SD card, when I put the new SD card into the flash card and that into my DSi it has the Tak The Great Juju Challenge logo still. Is their any way to fix this? or has it done something to my DSi so I will always have the Tak logo?

I now need to order myself a new one because I brick my old one but don't want the Tak logo.

Thanks.

2. sadak5

sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    Mexico
    Mexico City
    The tak logo is the countermeasure against the 1.4 update, so there is no way to change it.

It is the same with the Danny Phantom logo for the M3Zero

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
  4. grindbart

grindbart GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2008
    Gambia, The
    let me guess:you installed v5 on your EZ5i to get rid of the changed icon and bricked it that way,right?? [​IMG]

5. lrwr14
    OP

lrwr14 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2008

no, I found a update on my flash card, so i clicked on it and my version was higher then the update but it didn't say no need to update, so i updated lol, ad bricked it.

6. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    A firmware that tell you no need to update is for sure a version 12 or higher.
    Impossible to brick it that way.
    If you have tried a very old firmware like v5, so a downgrade, for sure you have bricked it. [​IMG]

And about Tak icon, it's normal and necessary to bypass DSi 1.4 protection as explained in the link provided by how_do_i_do_that.

7. sadak5

sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    Mexico
    Mexico City
  8. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    Actually, I uh...think it's a spambot...