EZ Flash V for 5$. Is it worth?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 160R, Apr 14, 2015.

1. 160R
    OP

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    I have just find EZ-Flash V flashcarts being sold for 5$. Is the deal worth considering the good reputation of EZ-Team flash carts?

I already have other cards for my NDS Lite, but I'm not sure if this is better like EZ-Flash IV was better than its GBA competitors...

Margen67 likes this.
  2. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    WTF. 5 dollars is a steal. I pad the equivalent of like 40 for my IV.

3. Foxi4
    This message by Foxi4 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Apr 14, 2015, Reason: Nervermind, mixed flashcarts up..
    Apr 14, 2015
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Isn't the EZ-Flash V a DS flashcart, and a terribly outdated one at that? The only piece worth any attention in that package is the GBA add-on and that's practically a 3-in-1 as far as I know.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    I'm still using my EZ-Flash V Plus on my NDS and NDS Lite. It works great for NDS games (decent compatibility, cheat mode) and you can run the EZ kernel alongside a Moonshell OS (to play videos, music, open text files, etc.). The GBA cart is a 3-in1: it's an expansion pak, rumble pak and GBA flashcart (but only 1 ROM at a time).

I bought it in 2007 and I don't regret it. Nowadays there are far superior options but $5 sounds fair to me. ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The original EZ5 models (usually referred to as the original and the new years edition/nye) and the EZ5 plus model (main difference being it supports SDHC where the other two are microSD only) split off from the EZ5i kernel which was updated until about this time in 2012 (Inazuma Eleven 2 European being fixed in the last update for that model). The older kernel stopped being updated in 2011 (around the time of release of Dementium 2).

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17107 for the older kernel.

If you have one of the savelist supporting ones it can make for an interesting experiment. From memory I am not sure what state the various features like savestates and guides ended up in for that kernel line. There was talk of open sourcing the kernel but that does not seem to have gone anywhere.

For $5 though I would take it. http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-5.237289/ and everything before it should work, if you just need a flash cart to make up another number for a multiplayer game then it will do well for you.

If you mean the GBA slot 3 in 1 then yeah $5 is a steal. You might have to replace the battery but it should serve you well as a GBA flash cart as long as you want to play such things on the DS.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. 160R
    OP

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    Thanks guys :)

Mine is already on the way, as there is still stock, if anyone is interested, I got it from here

denisfgn and Margen67 like this.
  8. xelizor

xelizor Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2015
    IMHO it doesn't worth it... a R4 1:1 clone would be a better choice (at least it runs 1.62 Wood)... but for 4.5€ you can't go wrong.

9. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Thinking of getting one but should i really get it? My DS Lite is pretty much a music player at this point and i don't even think that the 3-in-1 is worth it since i already have the RAM expansion that i got for 1$.

10. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Wood isn't better than the EZFlash implementation of Moonshell, IMO. I have several DS flash carts (EZV, R4 w/ Wood, SCDS2) and have slapped all manner of "OS" replacements on them in an attempt to "fix" them and all of them have come up lacking when compared to EZFlash interface. While Wood and SCDS2 can run a few games that the EZ5 can't, they aren't games that I felt were worth playing (and yes I tried them on my other carts, and they sucked). A $5 EZ is completely worth it, IMO, as long as you have a DS or DS lite... Especially if it comes w/ a 3-in1.

A bad ass combo that you should be happy w/ as long as you have the hardware it was meant to be used w/ (i.e. not a 3DS or DSi). Really though, do you have a link so that we can see what you are actually buying?

@Foxi4: EZFlash pretty much invented the 3-in-1. "the GBA add-on" most likely IS "a [EZ]3-in-1." or a clone.

11. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    its just the ds cart, not really worth it