EZ Flash to gba expansion pack

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by seishun, Oct 18, 2008.

Oct 18, 2008

EZ Flash to gba expansion pack by seishun at 5:06 AM (1,049 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    if im using an ez flash 3 in 1 to play a game and i want witch to using the gba expansion pack instead, how do i keep my save data to use on the m3 gba pack from when i was using my ez 3 in 1? Gbata is out of the question because my game is already patched and cant be patched when there is already one that i need and is applied.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Assuming you're using GBA ExpLoader and talking about the M3 GBA expansion:

1. Start GBA ExpLoader and back up the save from the 3-in-1 (press B in the same screen you run the game from).

2. Turn off the DS.

3. Remove the 3-in-1 from the DS.

4. Insert the M3 GBA expansion.

5. Turn the DS back on.

6. Start GBA ExpLoader and run the game.

That should do it.

3. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    thanks let me try this out and ill reply to how it went. Also when you say backup the save do you mean Write SRAM to SAV file? That is whats under "B"

4. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    Hey, it didnt work but i think its because of the multisave feature. how do i remove that again? When i get that done ill try your steps again to see if that was the problem.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Open the GBA_ExpLoader.ini file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and remove the # from the beginning of the line that says something about multisave. Save the changes, and put the file in the root of the memory card (if it's not already there).

6. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    Nope, this didnt work. After having a save file in NOR mode in the EZ-Flash because the game is 32MB, i pressed "b" whixh is write SRAM to SAV file. I then took it out and put in the M3 expansion pack. i ran the game in then i have only new game and no load. I know this is possible becuase fooling around i know i had done it before but i dont know exactly what i did. I know i did something similar to your steps though.

7. seishun
    OP

Newcomer seishun Member

United States
    Actually i figured it out on my own. Thanks your steps worked DESTRUCTOBOT. I just had to have a save file on both carts before i used your steps. Thanks. [​IMG]