Hacking ez flash omega not showing up all games or folders

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I just set up my ex flash omega with the custom dark theme. I was adding my rom set it's a no intro set. I copied them over. Due to the file limit I created several folder to organize then in alphabetical order. This is all mainly gba games.

Some games dont appear to show up. I also created folders to have similar games in them. But some of this folders are not showing up.

I have a 16gb card formatted to fat32 I think. Several of this roms are in the root of the sdcard and two of this folders as well but then wont show up.

After messing with the names of the roms some showed up. But the folder wont show still.

Are there character that are not supported ? If so which to delete them and make the games show up.

I check the folder in properties they appear to be in read only. I also check in advance for both roms and folder to disable the setting called ready to be archive I think. But still some wont show up.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you go spend money, it might be worth it to copy everything to a folder on your computer and reformat your 16gb card as fat32 with 32k cluster size. Then copy everything back to your card. I would do this first, if it were me.

Reactions: Sterophonick

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you go spend money, it might be worth it to copy everything to a folder on your computer and reformat your 16gb card as fat32 with 32k cluster size. Then copy everything back to your card. I would do this first, if it were me.
Thanks I'll try this before I buy the new one like you mention

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it works for you. Save you some money.
hello i tried this but i keep getting the same problem. does ezflash work better with certain brands?
what brand of sdcard are you using?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try cleaning your SD card and the slot with some isopropyl alcohol.
I tried reformating and cleaning but it keeps happening. do you know if ezflash works better with certain sdcard brands if so what is the best to get?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure what brand this is.
It’s a class 4.
26B72340-5870-488D-B406-C017A89306C7.jpeg

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please check the attributes of the files and folders, uncheck readonly, check archive ready. if you are using windows.
Yes I'm using windows 10. I have check that read only was disable and disable archive ready because they were not showing up. I'll double check now to disable read only and enable archive ready to see if they show up

It’s a class 4.
View attachment 254471
Thanks I'll check I think it's my card because when formatted yesturday and readded my games some showed up. But when I move them to a different folder they disappear wont show up even if I move them to the root

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please check the attributes of the files and folders, uncheck read only, check archive ready. if you are using windows.

It’s a class 4.
View attachment 254471

this is the problem i was talking about. the three folder in the ezflash.png are some example of folders that don't show up . In the Ezflash folder.png you can see that the mario folder has the same attributes as the gba. all three folder highlighted in the first image have the same attributes. when I put the ezflash on the game the gba folder appears but not the other three as you can see in the image called ezflashds.jpeg. Inside the mario folder the roms are with this attributes shown in image called Mario_folder_roms. This don't show up inside of the folder but if I put them on the root of the sdcard they appear as shown in the last image called ezflashds2.

This is what I don't understand they wont show in the folder but alone they do. Also i notice that if i set to folder to read only and apply settings if i hceck again the folder is set to read only again.

also why wont this folders show up?

could it be the card is bad?

Attachments

• ezflash.png
    ezflash.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Ezflash folders.png
    Ezflash folders.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 362
  • ezflashds.jpeg
    ezflashds.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Mario_folder_roms.png
    Mario_folder_roms.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 317
  • ezflashds2.jpeg
    ezflashds2.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 340

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s really strange. The blue box in the “read-only” properties indicate that some of the files and/or folders are “read-only”. Tick those boxes. You’ll have to click it twice. The first will give you a solid check and the second will clear the box. Click “apply” after you clear the “read-only” boxes. Hopefully this will work. Also, it seems that your card is almost at the 8gb mark. The condition you have could be related to a fake sd card.

I just checked my folder options and I have the same “read-only” settings and I can navigate the directory.

I’ve switched back to the default ezflash firmware and kernel. Maybe try the original firmware just to see if you have the same condition. This will help you eliminate the possibility of a bad/fake card.

Attachments

• 7CB3F772-4448-4EE1-BF84-039DA8FB04FA.jpeg
    7CB3F772-4448-4EE1-BF84-039DA8FB04FA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 316
  • D020E278-6EE5-4875-B5D9-6474A63E1024.jpeg
    D020E278-6EE5-4875-B5D9-6474A63E1024.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 277
Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s really strange. The blue box in the “read-only” properties indicate that some of the files and/or folders are “read-only”. Tick those boxes. You’ll have to click it twice. The first will give you a solid check and the second will clear the box. Click “apply” after you clear the “read-only” boxes. Hopefully this will work. Also, it seems that your card is almost at the 8gb mark. The condition you have could be related to a fake sd card.

I just checked my folder options and I have the same “read-only” settings and I can navigate the directory.

I’ve switched back to the default ezflash firmware and kernel. Maybe try the original firmware just to see if you have the same condition. This will help you eliminate the possibility of a bad/fake card.

To revert back I just install the oficial kernel and the files provide and do the update process.

Also yes I had make sure all files inside of the folders have the read only disable. As the 8gb it's because I have the full gba rom set in there. If having this many is a problem then I'll delete the majority and just keep the ones I really want.

But I'm leaning to it being a card problem so I'll buy a sandisk this time and give it a try.

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but be sure to double check your directories. Stereophonics directories are different from the official kernel.

Hello I tried with a new sdcard and it seems to still happen. But now the problem i have is that when i first load the games to the folder they show up but if i remove it and change or add more games to this folder the folder disappears. Idk what's going on.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is pretty strange. Maybe try a different card reader?

Or perhaps, add a few (100) games at a time. Maybe there is one bad file that is corrupting the whole transfer.

I’m not too sure now

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This problem is clearly happening with the file attributes.

The kernel does not display the files or folders with read-only or missing archive attributes. We set it up this way on purpose.

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This problem is clearly happening with the file attributes.

The kernel does not display the files or folders with read-only or missing archive attributes. We set it up this way on purpose.
I see but some games still dont appear even after making sure the read only is disable and that archive option is check. I even change to another sdcard.

also is there any special characters that the ezflash doesnt like?
I hav like 7 games that appear but wont boot or anything they appear as white files messing with the names fixes this.

That is pretty strange. Maybe try a different card reader?

Or perhaps, add a few (100) games at a time. Maybe there is one bad file that is corrupting the whole transfer.

I’m not too sure now

yea i doing a small amount at a time and when they show up make a back up all of the folders ins he sdcard. so that if next time a folder disappears I just delete it and re copy the folder. This way I got several folders to work that where not working before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5