XP
Country
Cambodia

Abuga

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is not my opinion, after all, the previous RTC simulation code does have flaws that cause problems with commercial games. Now that the RTC simulation code is getting better, I plan to discuss the problem further with @aaaaaa123456789

I've been following this subject for a while (I couldn't read everything, there are just over 1000 messages!) and some ideas came to mind.
I apologize in advance if I say something nonsense, let's go!

-Regarding the crystal oscillator, which does not work with 100% efficiency (because it would need a more expensive component), wouldn't there be the possibility of auto-activating a type of "adjuster" that would automatically calibrate this deficiency at each power on? (like the auto-save function)

-And how apparently the problem is only identified in the ROM of Pokemon Prism, a collaboration between the rom developers and the EZ Flash manufacturer, towards revamping the ROM's own RTC time logarithm? Although I've never played this ROM, I've heard about it and noticed that it has some extra elements that would probably generate such a mismatch (like the day of the month, for example)

Pkmn prism is really an amazing game, but being stuck trying to solve this problem for so long, it ends up delaying the solution of others (like compatibility with some GBC models, or even GB Boy colour clone), and even implementation of minor improvements that would improve the user experience (like a gameboy printer simulator, or screenshot, for example).

Thanks for your attention!

kiddejig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How is that game, if you don't mind me asking? Like a reasonable standalone Pokemon game that sticks close to the formula, or?
I like it a lot. I'm not a Pokémon game expert but I've played this generation Pokémon Crystal, where Prism is based on, a lot in the past. It stays close to the Pokémon formula and it implements Pokémon and concepts from the later games. It really feels like a licensed game. It's certainly worth a try, I would say, especially if you're nostalgic for this generation.

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like it a lot. I'm not a Pokémon game expert but I've played this generation Pokémon Crystal, where Prism is based on, a lot in the past. It stays close to the Pokémon formula and it implements Pokémon and concepts from the later games. It really feels like a licensed game. It's certainly worth a try, I would say, especially if you're nostalgic for this generation.
I liked too! Every Pocket Monsters games needs to be played!

thefieldsofdawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought two EZ Flash Juniors and have encountered some of the known issues. Specifically, I have an incompatible Gameboy Color CPU, and the RTC of both carts are unstable when playing Pokemon Crystal. I know that the firmware is still in development, and appreciate the team's hard work.

I have the RTC testing ROM and would be happy to share any data with the EZ Flash team prior to the FW5 release. I have 2 EZ Flash Juniors, 2 Gameboy Colors, and various GBA for testing. I'm currently using 1.5v 3400 mWh USB-rechargeable batteries, PNY 32gb micro-SD cards with up to 100 mb/s read speeds, and the Gameboy Colors will soon have the FunnyPlaying IPS V2 mod. Thanks!

Last edited by thefieldsofdawn,

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently bought two EZ Flash Juniors and have encountered some of the known issues. Specifically, I have an incompatible Gameboy Color CPU, and the RTC of both carts are unstable when playing Pokemon Crystal. I know that the firmware is still in development, and appreciate the team's hard work.

I have the RTC testing ROM and would be happy to share any data with the EZ Flash team prior to the FW5 release. I have 2 EZ Flash Juniors, 2 Gameboy Colors, and various GBA for testing. I'm currently using 1.5v 3400 mWh USB-rechargeable batteries, PNY 32gb micro-SD cards with up to 100 mb/s read speeds, and the Gameboy Colors will soon have the FunnyPlaying IPS V2 mod. Thanks!
Please test Pocket Monsters Midori and Pokemon Crystal!

VEndymionV

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi @EZ-Flash2

Recently I was having a problem with my (unmodded, everything seems stock) GameBoy Advance (classic GBA) when playing Pokemon Red (without any mods) on Ez-Flash Junior. I was using kernel 1.04e. The game started to randomly reset to the GameBoy starting screen (not to the EZ-Flash menu). I started to analyze this issue and I was able to save the game before the Pokemon battle, when I enter this battle on the GBA system the system is self-resetting but on GameBoy Color everything is working fine (same on my classic Gameboy and Gameboy Pocket). With kernel 1.04e, Pokemon Red ROM, and my save has a 100% repro for this issue. Apart from that, the game was also resetting my console (but only some times) when I was starting the new Pokemon game. When sound is completely muted then the system resets immediately after entering Pokemon battle, but when sound is on it took few seconds. Second thing is that GBA also crashes sometimes on Pokemon Red start screen movie (when you just launch the game). I've updated to the latest RC kernel version 1.05e. None of the problems exist on 1.05e RC kernel.

It seems you solved this issue on the latest RC version but I want to be sure that this fix will be also included in the final 1.05e release. I can send you my exact SD card setup (Pokemon Red ROM, 1.04e kernel, my save file). @EZ-Flash2 Can you give me your e-mail address and I will send you these files so you will be able to debug this issue?

I have also described this problem in detail on Reddit, here: .

Last edited by VEndymionV,

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @EZ-Flash2

Recently I was having a problem with my (unmodded, everything seems stock) GameBoy Advance (classic GBA) when playing Pokemon Red (without any mods) on Ez-Flash Junior. I was using kernel 1.04e. The game started to randomly reset to the GameBoy starting screen (not to the EZ-Flash menu). I started to analyze this issue and I was able to save the game before the Pokemon battle, when I enter this battle on the GBA system the system is self-resetting but on GameBoy Color everything is working fine (same on my classic Gameboy and Gameboy Pocket). With kernel 1.04e, Pokemon Red ROM, and my save has a 100% repro for this issue. Apart from that, the game was also resetting my console (but only some times) when I was starting the new Pokemon game. When sound is completely muted then the system resets immediately after entering Pokemon battle, but when sound is on it took few seconds. Second thing is that GBA also crashes sometimes on Pokemon Red start screen movie (when you just launch the game). I've updated to the latest RC kernel version 1.05e. None of the problems exist on 1.05e RC kernel.

It seems you solved this issue on the latest RC version but I want to be sure that this fix will be also included in the final 1.05e release. I can send you my exact SD card setup (Pokemon Red ROM, 1.04e kernel, my save file). @EZ-Flash2 Can you give me your e-mail address and I will send you these files so you will be able to debug this issue?

I have also described this problem in detail on Reddit, here: .

Have you tried some good rechargeable batteries?
61zGZ6JWLNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

VEndymionV

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As I said the problem was solved by updating the kernel. I was testing it both on normal non-rechargeable fresh batteries and on fully charged rechargeable batteries (Ikea LADDA 2450mAh). I think that these Ikea batteries are quite good :). One thing to add, I've modded this "problematic" GBA to the IPS screen. With 1.05e kernel, rechargeable batteries, and IPS mod everything is still working fine, so it confirms that the problem was on the kernel side. That's why I want the EZ-Flash Team to look at this problem to make sure that it will be "still fixed" in the final 1.05e kernel release.

Reactions: GASH

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As I said the problem was solved by updating the kernel. I was testing it both on normal non-rechargeable fresh batteries and on fully charged rechargeable batteries (Ikea LADDA 2450mAh). I think that these Ikea batteries are quite good :). One thing to add, I've modded this "problematic" GBA to the IPS screen. With 1.05e kernel, rechargeable batteries, and IPS mod everything is still working fine, so it confirms that the problem was on the kernel side. That's why I want the EZ-Flash Team to look at this problem to make sure that it will be "still fixed" in the final 1.05e kernel release.
Yay problem solved! That was fast! Let's wait for the next EZFJR update!

Reactions: VEndymionV

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here is the newest test version which already tested by some selected forum members.

https://www.ezflash.cn/zip/ezjunior-fw5-0918.zip

Known issues:
Prism time shift(maybe other hacks), the rtc3stest demo still have red error, other commercial rtc games working fine.

Before use:
If you are a novice and do not have the ability to solve the situation of the shit hit the fan, we do not recommend you to install this version. VERY SERIOUSLY.

After all, this is a beta version and has only been tested by a few beta testers. We don't have more energy to deal with the problems of unbootable, unworkable, etc. caused by newbies who have installed this version.

Even if someone in the later replies says how he safely upgraded the beta version, we still have to say to the newbies who are eager to try, please continue to wait for the official version, just because others can upgrade does not mean you can upgrade, everyone's luck is different.

thefieldsofdawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to share with everyone that I successfully updated from update_fw5_7-31.gb to this new beta firmware. To ensure the update isn't interrupted, I updated while connected to an outlet while absolutely ensuring I didn't accidentally press the reset button located on the back of the EZ Flash Junior. I updated using an AGS-101 GBA SP with no modifications. SD card is a PNY 32gb with 100Mb/s reads.

I have the GBC CPU that is incompatible with the 1.04 FW version, and noticed some freezes on the previous 1.05e 7-31 firmware, most recently on Tokimeki Memorial Pocket. This new beta firmware seems to take care of those issues. The GBC is modified with the FunnyPlaying IPS v2 screen and has USB-C 1.5V 3400mWh rechargeable AA batteries. I also have an identically modded GBC with a compatible CPU that is on the 7-31 beta, but since it has full compatibility and the functioning 7-31 RTC I may way to update until final 1.05 release.

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanted to share with everyone that I successfully updated from update_fw5_7-31.gb to this new beta firmware. To ensure the update isn't interrupted, I updated while connected to an outlet while absolutely ensuring I didn't accidentally press the reset button located on the back of the EZ Flash Junior. I updated using an AGS-101 GBA SP with no modifications. SD card is a PNY 32gb with 100Mb/s reads.

I have the GBC CPU that is incompatible with the 1.04 FW version, and noticed some freezes on the previous 1.05e 7-31 firmware, most recently on Tokimeki Memorial Pocket. This new beta firmware seems to take care of those issues. The GBC is modified with the FunnyPlaying IPS v2 screen and has USB-C 1.5V 3400mWh rechargeable AA batteries. I also have an identically modded GBC with a compatible CPU that is on the 7-31 beta, but since it has full compatibility and the functioning 7-31 RTC I may way to update until final 1.05 release.
3400mWh rechargeable AA batteries?? Wow!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off