Hacking ez-flash jr battery replacement

Anatros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ive just gotten my ez-flash jr i was wondering when it comes time to replace the rtc battery will it wipe out my saves for the games that require there to be a battery or do i have a small grace period to swap in a new battery? also just wondering if anyone knows the expected battery life span with the rtc?

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so ive just gotten my ez-flash jr i was wondering when it comes time to replace the rtc battery will it wipe out my saves for the games that require there to be a battery or do i have a small grace period to swap in a new battery? also just wondering if anyone knows the expected battery life span with the rtc?
I'm pretty sure it will just reset the clock.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On regular GB games the life span for a battery is in the decades, for gb games with an RTC I think you can expect ~8 years, with the ezjr using a smaller battery it's hard to say, but it should last a few years.

In regards to the saves: the flash card saves progress onto the battery powered SRAM initially but writes those saves to the SD card on the next boot or reset (pressing the button in the cartridge). So those save games are safe. If you always reset before powering off the console, you won't even need to change the battery, allthough the RTC will stop working.

Allthough you will lose progress you made in game when you power off the system without a reset.

Anatros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On regular GB games the life span for a battery is in the decades, for gb games with an RTC I think you can expect ~8 years, with the ezjr using a smaller battery it's hard to say, but it should last a few years.

In regards to the saves: the flash card saves progress onto the battery powered SRAM initially but writes those saves to the SD card on the next boot or reset (pressing the button in the cartridge). So those save games are safe. If you always reset before powering off the console, you won't even need to change the battery, allthough the RTC will stop working.

Allthough you will lose progress you made in game when you power off the system without a reset.
oh so pushing that button moves the saves to the sd card instead of the ram chip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: