Marugi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about buying an EZ Flash IV GBA Flash Cart, but before I purchase it I have some questions. If someone could answer them I would very much appreciate it. Here they are:
Can I put multiple roms on it? If so, can I put 2 of the same game on it?
Do I need to put save files on it?

Thanks,
Marugi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original EZ3 ( http://s186.photobucket.com/user/trikon000/media/gbatemp/ez3.jpg.html ), quite possibly depending upon how you feel about needing windows XP and not being able to chuck a new ?SD in when something goes wrong. If you can find one today at a reasonable price then you are doing very well. Otherwise they are much like the EZ4 but have real time clock, a functioning cheat engine and savestates (not great but not worth dismissing either). Indeed if you can get a working one for cheap from a friend/someone that does not know what they have then you could probably resell it and finance another flash kit.

The EZflash 3 in 1 ( http://wiki.gbatemp.net/w/images/thumb/0/08/3in1-1.jpg/350px-3in1-1.jpg ). This is an expansion pack aimed at use with a DS slot flash cart on the DS, you will probably only be able to find the DS lite version today though a simple case mod to allow it to fit means you can use it on a DS as well. Technically it can work with a GBA (just write something to NOR) but it is very annoying if you want to swap between games. Oh I suppose it has rumble as well, not that much uses it. If you have a DS slot cart though then it will allow you to play just as many games -- everything that is not a supercard or team cyclops clone of the same will play basically everything.

Marugi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original EZ3 ( http://s186.photobucket.com/user/trikon000/media/gbatemp/ez3.jpg.html ), quite possibly depending upon how you feel about needing windows XP and not being able to chuck a new ?SD in when something goes wrong. If you can find one today at a reasonable price then you are doing very well. Otherwise they are much like the EZ4 but have real time clock, a functioning cheat engine and savestates (not great but not worth dismissing either). Indeed if you can get a working one for cheap from a friend/someone that does not know what they have then you could probably resell it and finance another flash kit.

The EZflash 3 in 1 ( http://wiki.gbatemp.net/w/images/thumb/0/08/3in1-1.jpg/350px-3in1-1.jpg ). This is an expansion pack aimed at use with a DS slot flash cart on the DS, you will probably only be able to find the DS lite version today though a simple case mod to allow it to fit means you can use it on a DS as well. Technically it can work with a GBA (just write something to NOR) but it is very annoying if you want to swap between games. Oh I suppose it has rumble as well, not that much uses it. If you have a DS slot cart though then it will allow you to play just as many games -- everything that is not a supercard or team cyclops clone of the same will play basically everything.

Thanks for replying. So are you saying that the ez flash 3 is better than 4?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The orange thing I linked up originally. Yeah if you can take having to use XP and the other things I mentioned. Even if not I can see you flipping one for $100 or so with relative ease, more than enough to sponsor a DSTwo and something else.

The 3 in 1. It plays all the same games and is usually cheaper, however it barely functions as a standalone cart where the EZ4 is designed for it. Personally I like such things to be standalone, if you just want to play games on a DS or DS lite in hardware then go ahead.

The EZ4 probably would not have stood up in the GBA era, give or take the ability to use mini/microSD, but it is a great way to play GBA games and probably the best way (again I like standalone) to do it today if emulation is not your thing.

Marugi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The orange thing I linked up originally. Yeah if you can take having to use XP and the other things I mentioned. Even if not I can see you flipping one for $100 or so with relative ease, more than enough to sponsor a DSTwo and something else.

The 3 in 1. It plays all the same games and is usually cheaper, however it barely functions as a standalone cart where the EZ4 is designed for it. Personally I like such things to be standalone, if you just want to play games on a DS or DS lite in hardware then go ahead.

The EZ4 probably would not have stood up in the GBA era, give or take the ability to use mini/microSD, but it is a great way to play GBA games and probably the best way (again I like standalone) to do it today if emulation is not your thing.

Yeah, I think I'll buy the Ez Flash IV. I found this website and I'm just wondering if I should buy it from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes