EZ Flash IV problems with micro sd Kingston 2gb.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Jibashi, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. Jibashi
    OP

Newcomer Jibashi Newbie

United States
    Hey guys i need some help, i'm using the EZ Flash IV with this sd card and i keep getting the "can't find disk" error, i spent some time trying to put the card and i passed this error but then i was going to start play again and i got a bunch of sector errors and FAT system error. I had the card format (again), work for a while, but now all the errors are back.

Yes i'm using the EZ Client and i used the SDFormatter, i know i should try a different card but i don't have one, so before buy a new, i want to know if this is actually a sd card problem.

Please help me.

PS: Of course i use the micro sd adapter.

PS (2): Sorry for the bad english. XD

2. elyk1212

Newcomer elyk1212 Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    Did you ever find an solution to this? I have the same problem and have tried several different cards, microSD->mini adapters and formatting methods (windows, Linux, SDFormatter). I have even had the EZFlash iv replaced with another new one, as I thought it could be defective. Well, both have the same FAT Filesystem error :/

Thanks!
    Kyle

3. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    Have either of you Tryed Formating the card in a camera or cell phone?

Then use the Panasonic formatter on the computer to format it

Rock out? [​IMG]

4. elyk1212

Newcomer elyk1212 Newbie

United States
    I have not. Was this something that worked for you? I guess I'll try anything... however, II would gather that writing the partition table from the last method (SDFormatter), would be the dominating determinate.

Do you have the EZFlash iV? If you do, do you use the MicroSD with minisd converter? Or the MiniSD card. In either case, what size of cards and what brands have worked for you?

Thanks in advance for this info!
    Kyle