Hacking EZ-Flash iv not saving ANY game

frigomanu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I bought a used EZ-Flash iv cart and found out it had a dry battery (I was getting the error message saying so). I knew it used to save games at some point because it had save files and some games had progress data on them.
I got the battery replaced and it started working properly for a day or two, now it's back to the same error. My games wont save. Any ideas why this happened?

EDIT I updated de firmware to the last available before I changed the battery. This had no effect on the issue in either side.

Last edited by frigomanu,

RadMedusa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a used EZ-Flash iv cart and found out it had a dry battery (I was getting the error message saying so). I knew it used to save games at some point because it had save files and some games had progress data on them.
I got the battery replaced and it started working properly for a day or two, now it's back to the same error. My games wont save. Any ideas why this happened?

EDIT I updated de firmware to the last available before I changed the battery. This had no effect on the issue in either side.
I'm having the same problem, it used to save, now I'm getting the battery dry message (gonna try to let it charge in the device, but it's been on for a while before I saw the message) and now no saving.

/bump

RadMedusa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIXED!

Okay, update, I'm not sure if the GB Micro isn't able to charge the battery in the cart, or if my battery was just fully dead but either way I already had a fresh CR2025 battery at home. It didn't have soldering tabs on it but I used a small knife to pop the tabs off the old dead battery inside to the EZ cart, and then simply taped the tabs onto the fresh battery, leaving the soldered connections intact.

It was a dirty job, but it's saving fine now. :)

If you attempt this method be darn careful popping the tabs off the battery, or you may bust them off the card instead and you'll end up having to do some soldering after all.

Good luck!

RadMedusa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I just noticed you said you'd already changed the battery - I would def try ANOTHER battery just to make sure the first replacement wasn't a dud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users