Hacking EZ Flash IV "Checking Sav File"

kachec101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I´ve been using a EZ Flash IV to play GBA games. It was working fine but today after I moved in some ROMs, everytime I try to play a game I was previously playing, it´s freezes in the boot screen with the message CHECKING SAV FILE. I also noticed that the recently played games list was wiped out suddenly. I checked in the Saver folder and everything seems fine, the save files´s names match the ROM´s name but it´s not loading. It works fine with games without save files yet but the games I was playing aren´t working... Anyone got a similar issue?

Thanks a lot!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like either the battery run down or the SRAM got corrupted.

If you can measure the battery voltage that will say some things, if it is corruption then wiping the SRAM could help (bit of a cowboy play but if you short out the battery for say 10 seconds then any save data in the SRAM should then be lost).

kachec101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like either the battery run down or the SRAM got corrupted.

If you can measure the battery voltage that will say some things, if it is corruption then wiping the SRAM could help (bit of a cowboy play but if you short out the battery for say 10 seconds then any save data in the SRAM should then be lost).

Thanks! I think the saves got corrupted because even when I connect the SD card to the PC, I can´t transfer them to the PC. It´s like the file is really damaged :sad::sad: It´s a shame, I was almost doing 100% in all Donkey Kong games. It happened after I tried a ROM hacked Super Mario World, maybe this was the problem? Dunno.

I don´t know how to measure the voltage but since it´s working fine with new save files, I think it´s fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb