Hacking Ez flash IV black screen!

lamfp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my ez flash IV from 0shipping zone, and I formatted the card and put the kernel on the root.
I put the micro sd into the mini sd and then into my eziv, turned my gba on holding r trigger and I only get a black screen.
Help!

D

Deleted-236924

The problem comes from the microSD- to miniSD adapter.
Those rarely ever work with the EZ-Flash IV.
(Some rare people have been able to use them without problems, but they're so rare that we'd rather just tell people to get a miniSD.)

s4mid4re said:
Also, I think you need some kind of passme to use it on a DS (it'll work fine without flashing on a GBA)
Entierely wrong, as you can boot it in GBA mode without any problem on a DS.

lamfp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
(Some rare people have been able to use them without problems, but they're so rare that we'd rather just tell people to get a miniSD.)

s4mid4re said:
Also, I think you need some kind of passme to use it on a DS (it'll work fine without flashing on a GBA)

See, from what I've heard MOST people can use the adapters without a problem? I'm using SDHC, and I'm starting to lean towards that being the problem

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lamfp said:
Pingouin7 said:

s4mid4re said:

See, from what I've heard MOST people can use the adapters without a problem? I'm using SDHC, and I'm starting to lean towards that being the problem

Yep. You need a standard (no SDHC) microSD w/ miniSD adapter. Prolly no more than $8 on newegg. if you find real, quality miniSD's for sale anywhere pls send me a pm.

D

Deleted-236924

lamfp said:
Pingouin7 said:

s4mid4re said:

You'd actually be surprised at what the working/non-working ratio was for microSD adapters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool