EZ Flash 5 3-in-1 HELP!

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by sikmate, Jul 7, 2011.

Jul 7, 2011

EZ Flash 5 3-in-1 HELP! by sikmate at 10:29 AM (2,407 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    Okay so i have a cyclods evolution and a EZ Flash V 3-in-1 slot 2 cart. And im trying to run GBA backups on it. At first, all i had to do was copy the games onto the micro sd for the cyclods and play the games and it was that simple, then my games stopped saving, i got error 'save failed' so i replaced the battery in it today and it saves properly but as soon as i power off my ds, the save file disappears. Pretty much meaning if i want to play any gba games i can never turn my ds off.

I am getting extremely! [​IMG] frustrated with this, can someone help me PLEASE

Thankyou in advance, Sikmate.

2. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    You have to patch your game with SRAM save type.

The EZ 3in1 only supports SRAM saves.

Use GBATA to patch.

3. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    Yep, did that and still doesnt fix it :/

*EDIT*
    Is there any chance that i didnt put the battery back in right? i actually had to re-solder one of the flaps back on (i am very experienced with soldering). Should i solder the flaps to the battery instead of just using electrical tape?

4. tomrev

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have problem like you too. Soldering with normal lead on button battery's surface is nearly impossible and dangerous. If you try to solder, beware the metal plate contact with board is easily pop out that impossible to re-solder. I broke 2 of my EZflash 3-in-1 by that cause.

5. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    Thanks tom. So maybe i've actually broken it? If so, what would be a good (possibly better) gba cart replacement? Is there a decent cart that doesnt require my cyclods to run the gba backups?

*EDIT*

Maybe i should buy a Supercard DsTWO?

6. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    dont make this mistake...

you have not an EZV

You have an expansion EZ 3in1 that's all !

What is the last firmware you put in the CycloDS Evo ?

7. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    Yeah i know its a 3 in 1. It has EZ Flash V written on it as well.

It has the latest firmware 2.3

8. tomrev

United States
    Pingouin7 suggested me the EZ-Flash IV which has the real time save function but it is more expensive than 3-in-1 and I haven't trust EZ's product anymore. If you can buy a PSP which used one is a few more expensive or less than EZ IV and use gpSP Kai emulator that you will never disappoint.

9. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    I actually own a psp already but im not sure if im able to downgrade to be able to use homebrew and other emulators.

Im thinking of selling my DSL and my PSP and i might get a 3DS and a Supercard DsTwo. What you think?

10. tomrev

United States

It depend on your decision but for me I will not sell any of them because there are advantages of each system. DSL has battery life and GBA slot. PSP has a bunch of great games and great emulators. 3DS still new but it's cool when you carry along.

What is your PSP's firmware? I'm not sure that every PSPs could install Custom Firmware or not but if official FW is below 6.39 then you can install custom FW for emulator.

Edit: It may be a GBA emulator that could be run in official firmware (signed homebrew).

11. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    EZ4 does not have RTS.

I have a PSP and a SCDS2, I don't use either for GBA. The GBA emulators for both are about on par w/ each other performance wise and have problems w/ the same games. Neither are bad, but they would never replace the real thing for me simply because of the problem titles. I'd stick w/ a DS and an EZ4 or 3-in-1.

EZ4 > 3-in-1, IMO

As for your broken 3-in-1, don't solder on the battery, use this.

12. sikmate
    OP

Newcomer sikmate Newbie

Australia
    I have firmware 5.03 on my psp. Would you be able to post a link of the best way to put on custom firmware and emulators and such? Preferebly the safest way as i dont really want a bricked PSP [​IMG]
    *EDIT* I have a PSP-1000 (phat) which i read all models are able to have CFW installed on them, i googled how to put CFW onto my psp and i found so many and im not sure which is the best and/or latest one :/
    I just found some emulators which i can use on OFW so i might give those a try and see how i go [​IMG]

I dont really want to buy stuff for my 3-in-1 unless i know its gonna fix, there was a guide somewhere which said to use electrical tape, which i did and still seem to be having some problems. I might see how the PSP emulator goes and if its not as good i may consider buying an EZ4

13. tomrev

United States

Read the sticky threads in -> http://gbatemp.net/f224-psp-hacking-homebrew that is sufficient. CFW Installation is safe for PSP 1000. The worst case is semi-brick that you can restore by Padora battery method (buy a new Padora battery is really cheap). I suggest you to install CFW 6.25 PRO-B7 by reading Rydian's thread -> http://gbatemp.net/t268289-psp-hacking-mod...-a-q-start-here.

I have the similar problem to you with my both EZ-Flash 3in1 cards. I heard someone success to use duck tape method. From my experience, I think duck tape method is terrible but soldering is worse. The KidIce's suggestion to use that glue is interesting. If you try it, please let people in gbatemp know the result.

14. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Where did you hear that crap?

15. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    This is so fun to watch. It went from "I don't need to know your game, just SRAM patch the thing" to the "your crap sucks, use something else" messages.

16. tomrev

United States
    Oh sorry for that error. I checked again that is -> soft reset patching -> menu SRAM save. That is not the "real time save" but "no need internal battery save" function.

Edit: I have no ezflash 4. Could someone verify that ezflash 4 has optional save method as I mentioned?

Edit2: If ezflash 4 battery is died, will SRAM chip run/ be detected while System power on? My EZflash 3-in-1 card's SRAM won't be detected while there is no battery. So, the function which I mentioned may be useless.

17. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    The EZ4 will suffer the exact same problems as the 3-in-1 if it's battery is dead. The games will work and save normally until you power down the DS, and then you will lose them. A QPC and booting up the EZ4 might allow the save to survive so it can be saved to the SD.

18. Ammako

Canada
    Like I said, use in-game soft reset with the EZ-Flash IV.

19. tomrev

United States
    Well. Do you have experience dry battery in EZFlash 4? If not, could you test remove battery and soft reset - save to make sure that it works? It may be not worked if games couldn't detect SRAM while playing game.

20. Ammako

Canada
    No.
    I won't risk breaking something in my cart just for that.

WiiBricker (If the name is wrong, correct me) has already tested removing the battery from the cart and apparently saving wouldn't work at all.
    I guess that having no battery and having a dry battery is different.

Having a dry battery, you're supposed to still be able to save using in-game soft reset.
    Besides, what do you have to lose?