Hacking EZ Flash 3in1 - Save problem

rouken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got an EZ Flash 3in1 to play my favorites GBA games on my NDS Lite (as the Super Mario, Castlevania and the Sonic Advance trilogy). The EZ Flash works great and run normal. But, when I tried to run any Sonic Advance, the save don't work after I turn off and turn on the NDS.

Example: In Sonic Advance 2, the first time I loaded the game, it asked by the language and my name before I start. Save point. I started the game and defeated the first boss. Save point. When I started the 2nd zone, I pressed Start, exit the game and started it again. The Zone Select screen shows up. Ok, if I turn off and turn on the NDS at this point, this point will be loaded. I turned off the NDS, turn it on again. When I loaded Sonic Advance 2 again, the save file load the point of the first save point.

What's is this? It's some problem with my EZ Flash? I need some patch to make the game save usually?

I tried everything possible, since patch the ROM with EZ4 Client and GBATA to GBA ExpLoader with and without Moonshell. Nothing...

It happen with the games with Flash save format (Sonic Advance trilogy uses "FLASH_V126 (512Kbit)"). Others games with differents save types, as Chu Chu Rocket or Mario VS Donkey Kong, they saves correctly.

I'm using the Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.7 as firmware.

Since now, thanx for any answer...

CalleMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have EZ Flash 3in1 and Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.7.1 and have the same problem !
In GBA ExpLoader it saves correctly but GBA ExpLoader hangs often when loading games.

Edit : I also checked with my CycloDS and it was saving fine.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sonic Advance was one of those games that didn't work on any flashcart after a certain point, ie the chao area. You had have to use a hacked version that fixes it for the most part.

If your playing any of the NES classics, those require a special patch and pre-made save file.

All your problems are ROM related, ie you need to patch it with and a certain way.

For games with FLASH_V126 (512Kbit), do not use a generic patcher like gbata, it doesn't support that type even if it can identify it correctly.

rouken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CalleMan said:
In GBA ExpLoader it saves correctly but GBA ExpLoader hangs often when loading games.The same happens with me... T_T

CalleMan said:
Edit : I also checked with my CycloDS and it was saving fine.WHAT!? Really? So, it's a problem of the Acekard and/or Akaio?

how_do_i_do_that said:
Sonic Advance was one of those games that didn't work on any flashcart after a certain point, ie the chao area. You had have to use a hacked version that fixes it for the most part.
QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Oct 6 2010, 03:22 PM)
All your problems are ROM related, ie you need to patch it with and a certain way.

For games with FLASH_V126 (512Kbit), do not use a generic patcher like gbata, it doesn't support that type even if it can identify it correctly.
Hacked version? Like... Patch the ROM? There's some specific patch to fix this problem? If you have this, please, tell me. If you can't post informations about it in this topic, MP me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-