ez flash 3 in 1 problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Patrickn999, May 19, 2008.

May 19, 2008

ez flash 3 in 1 problem by Patrickn999 at 8:36 PM (1,118 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Patrickn999
    OP

Newcomer Patrickn999 Member

United States
    Ok so i have a R4 and EZ Flash 3 in 1 [new chipset] and i use GBA EXPLOADER to load my GBA games so i dont need to sram patch my roms.

so now i put a new game on my MicroSD, Megaman Battle Network 6 Gregar that i ripped from my own cartridge along with the sav.

but the problem is, when i start Megaman, the sav does not appear. mind you im using the PSRAM. Where should i put the sav so that i can use it with the rom?

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    you need to put your sav in the folder specified in the gba exploader's ini file.
    default is \GBA_SAVE i think
    make sure both files have the same name
    usually ripped files come out like this:
    romname_romcode00.gba
    romname_romcode_00.sav
    and you have to remove the _ from the sav
    if you want to rip a game off it's cart and make the sav useable without renaming the file from a computer i recommend doing it like this:
    1:rip the GBA/NDS
    2:Play the ripped rom once to create a .sav
    3:rip the sav off the official cart by overwriting the one on your flashcart.

3. Patrickn999
    OP

United States
    i tried the first method and it worked like a charm! thanks mate

4. Patrickn999
    OP

United States
    another question.

i currently have Fire Emblem 6 loaded into the NOR. How would i extract the sav from that and put it on my micro sd?

5. Ilfrit

Newcomer Ilfrit Member

United States
    Either by loading another game to NOR (The game will ask where to write save file, if you got multi save activated) or by writing the SRAM of the the NOR manual to a save file. (B- button, if you re in the NOR mode of the GBA EXPLOADER).