Hacking EZ Flash 3 in 1: Does it have compatibility issues?

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Acekard 2i, with AKAIO 1.5.

I am using GBA Exploader, and I am having a tough time trying to get some GBA games to work.

On my R4, everything worked flawless.

On Acekard, when I press A to load the game, it locks up, freezes. When it actually loads the game [have to shut off DSlite until it gets to load], it just goes to a white screen and hangs.

I am sick of shutting off my DSlite 3-4 times just to get Final Fantasy V/VI working. I don't know if other games are like this, I'm just trying those.

Is there a new version out? What's compatible? Just help in general?

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Some games need to be patched, if I'm not wrong. I had a couple like Golden Sun, Gunstar Super Heroes and they wouldn't load.

I know it's for fixing save files, but.. Try using GBATA and tell me if that helps. Under the SRAM patcher section.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know (From using my 3in1+ with AKAIO) there are some problems and its because of the later hardware revision EZ3in1 and AKAIO doesn't support it.
I've got some problems with my EZ 3 in 1.. specifically the rumble works in the AKAIO menu but rumble enabled games don't recognise it after loaded, larger gba games don't load properly but get stuck without a Nintendo logo at startup and I think thats about it. I have limited functionality using mine in akaio, but I'll have to workaround it for now. GBExploader works for loading gba games. Didn't have to patch any .gba's to get them to load from AKAIO (seems pretty compatible just not with a + revision). So I think using AKAIO to load/save gba games on + version is broken...and rumble in games.
Older hardware revision EZ 3 in 1 are supposed to be working fine with it and thats it.

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kineticUK said:
As far as I know (From using my 3in1+ with AKAIO) there are some problems and its because of the later hardware revision EZ3in1 and AKAIO doesn't support it.
I've got some problems with my EZ 3 in 1.. specifically the rumble works in the AKAIO menu but rumble enabled games don't recognise it after loaded, larger gba games don't load properly but get stuck without a Nintendo logo at startup and I think thats about it. I have limited functionality using mine in akaio, but I'll have to workaround it for now. GBExploader works for loading gba games. Didn't have to patch any .gba's to get them to load from AKAIO (seems pretty compatible just not with a + revision). So I think using AKAIO to load/save gba games on + version is broken...and rumble in games.
Older hardware revision EZ 3 in 1 are supposed to be working fine with it and thats it.
if you haven't already, you could also try GBALdr. The author, cory1492, released updates, to supported newer hardware, so it may work on your 3in1+. At least it may be another option for you to play GBA games (only in NOR mode though).

I find GBALdr useful on my Acekard (with AKAIO) as it'll fix my GBAExploader freezing issues. For some reason, GBAExploader has trouble parsing the SRAM on the 3in1, after I've played some GBA games using AKAIO. GBALdr was the only thing, that would erase the SRAM properly. On first boot of GBALdr, it'll save and then erase any data in the SRAM, which will allow me to use GBA Exploader properly. I have to do this occasionally if I want to use GBA Exploader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1