ez-flash 3 in 1 case mod for sp?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by armageddan, Aug 7, 2009.

Aug 7, 2009
  1. armageddan
    OP

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    i was wondering how i could get it to work on a gba sp. would it work if i just cut off that little strip at the end? and also, can you get flashed games to work without a slot 1 device? so like if i flashed it to my 3 in 1 could i play it on the gba sp?

2. sethirion

Newcomer sethirion Advanced Member

United States
    You can do a mod by tearing apart the small case (the one that comes for the NDS lit so it does not stick out) and replacing the case with a bigger one (maybe PKMN video GBA cart?)

I remember I saw those instructions somewhere long time ago, and it worked!

Just one thing: You will need to use a NDS system to get the GBA game written to the NOR memory, AFTER that you can play the game you just put on the NOR, on the GBA SP hanheld.

Hope I helped a little like other members helped me some time ago.

3. Helix94

Newcomer Helix94 Advanced Member

United States
    Is that true? It doesn't sound like it could work, because how would the GBA know which game to load without some kind of launcher? Can't many games be loaded to NOR at once?

Edit: I may just give it a shot tomorrow and let you guys know how it works out.

4. Aganar

Newcomer Aganar Member

United States
    Neat idea.

You could always just grab a cheap game off ebay, since it's most likely a bootleg anyway.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    We're assuming you only flash one game to the NOR at once. I believe only the slot-1 EZ-V is capable of making the 3in1 hold multiple games while still correctly managing the save files.

6. Helix94

Newcomer Helix94 Advanced Member

United States
    Today, I successfully modded it. First, I used screw drivers to take out the screws in both the EZ Flash 3-in-1 and the GBA game. I noticed that the 3-in-1 could not fit inside of the GBA cart because it has a plastic divider. I didnt really have any tool to take that out, so I just used the back part of the cartridge. I hotglued the back of the 3-in-1 to the cartridge, then I glued the top of the EZ 3-in-1 cartridge on top of it.

It now looks like a regular GBA game, but the top of the cartridge just has empty space. If you are going to attempt this, make sure not to put the hot glue too thick under the 3-in-1 because when it dries it will make the teeth of the 3-in-1 go too high from the cart so it won't fit in the GBA. Have fun!

Edit: Thanks, Jeffrey