Hacking Ez-flash 3 in 1 battery damaged?

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the battery in my ez-flash 3 in 1 is damaged. It won't save any gba games. Is there anything I can do except buy a new one? Obviously, I will buy one if I have to, but if there's any way to fix it, I'd give it a shot.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I've been having problems with it for a while..(though that did happen today.) A few weeks ago, all of my saves for ~7 gba games got corrupted, and after that, it stopped saving anything. Actually, it would save it, but when I would turn it off and on, it would be corrupted again.

::edit::

Also, ever since all of my saves got corrupted, every time I start up gba expLoader, it's been asking me if I want to "set this Slot2 expansion pack for GBA ExpLoader". It's also not remembering my folder I've been in last. Also, it occasionally freezes on any game at the gameboy logo.

:another edit:
This is weird...I just fired up Super Mario World for the gba, got past the gameboy logo this time, but now It's stuck at a white screen, and making a weird scratchy 3-note loop, like it's trying to play music for the intro, but got stuck.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My slot 1 flashcart is an itouchDS, running a dual/triple boot using m3 iSakuReal and iTouch firmware.

I have either the EZ5C10 or EZ5C11, since in gbaExploader, the cartridge is just labeled 3in1.

Games: Super mario advance 2, The legend of zelda: A link to the past, Super mario advance 4, Mario and luigi: superstar saga, Mario tennis, kirby and the amazing mirror, and the pocketNes emulator. On the emulator, all of the saves for a few games (Super mario bros 1, 2 and 3, metroid, and legend of zelda) were also erased.

On all of the games listed, it either hangs at a white screen or displays a message that says "Your save data is corrupted."

I should probably also mention that the slot-1 flashcart is working fine and runs nds game without any problems.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
itouchDS doesn't support alot of homebrew apps, it is a crippled flashcart. your slot1 is the cause of your problems not the 3in1.

All the games you listed will work fine, if they are clean roms.
You can use a SRAM patcher if you want, it will speed up loading for some of the games.
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/3in1tool.zip

The itouchDS is crippled to only play commercial NDS roms.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that you mention it, I have had problems with the two ever since I got the 3in1. That was actually the reason I looked into dual-booting an extra firmware. But one thing I don't get is, it was working perfectly fine for quite a while. I ordered the 3in1 on November 7th of last year, and it took about 2 weeks to receive it and get it working. From that time until recently, it was working as expected, saving, loading, etc. It was also under the same setup it is now, with the m3 iSakuReal firmware.

There was also a period in between for about a month when I didn't use my ds at all. Could that have anything to do with it? I have had problems with the ds in general after it sitting unused for extended periods of time, such as sudden shutdown for no apparent reason.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You will have to consider getting another flashcart for use with the 3in1 you got. Preferably it not be a M3 based flashcart like the itouchDS.

The itouchDS if fine to use by itself, but your not going to get anywhere when you start to get addons. That is how the M3 Team designed the itouchDS, to only be used by itself.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's kind of retarded. I'm thinking about getting a supercard dsTwo to replace both the slot-1 and 2 flashcarts, since the dsTwo can do both nds and gba.

iu34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Ok. In that case, what are some good flashcarts that are compatible with the 3in1? What about an ezflash vi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs