Hacking EZ 5 3-in-1 with M3 Real?

tstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 3-in-1 work with the M3 Real? Also interested in if you have actually tried it when you answer.

Thanks,
Tomas

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That depends on which of the 3 functions you're talking about.

The browser support will work with any slot 1 cart, you just need to patch the browser rom.

The apps that allow for GBA functionality should work on any flashcart that has DLDI support, so they should work with the Real.

The rumble would require a bit of messing around. There are two ways to enable the rumble on a slot 1 cart that doesn't support it directly:
  • Patch each game you want to use rumble with (this can cause glitches, or just not work).
  • Patch some small game (it doesn't matter if the game uses rumble), start that game to put the 3-in-1 in rumble mode, soft reset back to the Real's menu, then start the game you want to use rumble with. Once the 3-in-1 is set to rumble mode it will stay that way until the power is turned off.
And no, I've never used the M3 or G6 Real, but I have a good bit of experience with the 3-in-1.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the 3-in-1 work with the M3 Real? Also interested in if you have actually tried it when you answer.
If you mean from the M3 menu directly, no (unless you already have a GBA flashed to the 3in1, in which case you are able to launch it). To get browser or rumble support, the only way currently I'd think is to patch per rom/file. Homebrew that supports 3in1 will work just like homebrew that supports 3in1 will when the 3in1 is inserted.

And yes, I have tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL