Hardware EZ 4 Saving woes...

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've had my EZ Flash 4 and have been using it with my GBA for a few days. It's great but i'm having problems with saving...

Say i'll play FF6 for awhile and save it. The next few times i boot up EZ, it'll say load game and i can continue playing. But if i go play something else like FFTA or Dragon warrior for gbc for a bit, i go back to FF6 and it only says new game! Same for FFTA, my saved game is gone!

Another problem is with the gbc emu i have on there. I played DW1 on there (great game) and saved in the journal and field log. For awhile my save loaded up every time but when i went to check some of the other games (only to find they had been wiped as described above) and reloaded DW my saved journal was gone and i couldnt load up the field log (it didnt ask, presumably the log had been wiped as well). Then i went into the menu for the emu and seleced save state. It had a file in there called DW1+2 (the game is a combo of 1 and 2) and the same was in load state. I think this is my saved game stuff but i dont know how to open it...

I never skip loading but I've heard things about the EZ Flash only taking up to 4 save files...that true (or is that the problem...?) or is it something else? I also was told pogoshell could help out with that by lending much more save space. Is that correct?

So what's the problem? Any suggestions or links to other posts welcome.

Thanks guys

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My roomate had this problem!

All you have to do is transfer the roms over using the EZflash software, get the rom converter to convert them directly to the SD card.

That solved his woe's.

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHH! Come to think of it i didnt client any of those games i mentioned! I just copied and pasted them...but i am having this problem for games i actually did client as well, so i'm not sure if that is the problem...

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm not sure how helpful this will be but since you didn't client the software in "saver" your gonna have some files that you CANNOT delete now such as "final .fan

Mine were Astro .bo and Super ma.rio
I had to format the card to get rid of them

About the 4 Save slot's thats mor eor less for the text file book mark's
the "sav" section say's and i qoute "Txt saver: Continue the last text file

For GBA Woes
Update your kernel 1.72 RESET Is best for GBA usage only (can't use home brew in slot 2 though)
Make sure to let them save (i usually keep it as obliged saving)
The Press L Button to skip saving screen

For GBC Woes

For the gbc games when transferring them over make sure they are set as
Save Size = Flash_Type
Save Size = 128K Bits

Other than above i have no idea sorry

Link's

1.72 Reset Kernel
EZ-Flash-IV Unofficial/Official forums

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright! i reflashed some of the games and so far theyre all saving just fine. I guess i'll just have to live with 1.72, i'd changed it because the SW skin was bothering me. I am having that exact problem with the final.fan files...does that need to be deleted? or is it even a problem? and thanks for the GBC tip! i can finally play DW. i'll finish testing all this stuff and let you know.

thanks!!

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Np glad to help and the final.fan file shouldn't be any problem at all jst a nuiscense when it comes to backing up save files "can not read from source thing" but un select those files and you can grab the rest of the files

Skin i always use is the FF3 Skin for some reason i love it

Just copy and past to ez-skinner directory place 1.72 bin in that folder and run skin-it

Love it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: