Hacking Ez 3-in-1 with CycloDS

z270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a cyclods and am using 3-in-1 to run my gba games. so far ive only tried two games, super mario advanced and pokemon ruby. ive patched both with gbata and tried them on rudolphs(sp) tool. mario worked fine but ruby, even with trimming to make it less than 16mb, doesnt work. the gameboy screen comes up and flashes, after that its just a white screen =/ anyone know a solution to this?

edit: perhaps it was the dump? i tried the euro version and now it works. sorry
frown.gif

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With 3in1, you have a pretty long chain to keep together to get a GBA game working. But compatibility should be fine. Do check your ROM source for your backups.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The bad part about the 3-in-1 is that all your GBA games are on your Cyclo, so you have limitations in terms of the number of GBA games you can have. That's about the only downside, I think.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The bad part about the 3-in-1 is that all your GBA games are on your Cyclo, so you have limitations in terms of the number of GBA games you can have. That's about the only downside, I think.

That is, unless you use NDStation to load your roms. Yes, it takes a bit longer to load the roms but at least you can have as many roms as you want.

z270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah I was about to say that GBA games are only usually 4 or 5 MB in size, biggest being like 8ish. And I think that Rudoplh's tools corrupt your Cyclo. I think.

what do you mean it'll corrupt it?

QUOTEThat is, unless you use NDStation to load your roms. Yes, it takes a bit longer to load the roms but at least you can have as many roms as you want.

Wait...what do you mean? what is ndstation

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that Rudolph kinda screws up your memory card or something, not sure what yet.

NDStation is another program like Rudolph, and I think that it's able to play small NDS games.

I dunno, cuz after I lost all my memory on my R4 Micro SD, I lost my Rudolph Tools, so I just gave up.
frown.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NDStation is a tool to convert all your gba roms to "act" like nds roms. It automatically determines whether to use PSRAM or NOR, also, SRAM is automatically saved to a .sav file and loaded whenever a rom is flashed to NOR or loaded in PSRAM

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah I was about to say that GBA games are only usually 4 or 5 MB in size, biggest being like 8ish.Â
For commercial games, the minimum is 4 and the max we believe to be 64. However, the 64 MB ones are undumped, so the max for 99% of GBA titles is 32 MB in size. Examples: many GBA Video titles, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

z270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Doesn't Pokemon Ruby need a Real Time Clock to play? And i am pretty sure the EZ Flash 3 in 1 doesn't have one.
theres a patch to fix it i believe

QUOTENDStation is a tool to convert all your gba roms to "act" like nds roms. It automatically determines whether to use PSRAM or NOR, also, SRAM is automatically saved to a .sav file and loaded whenever a rom is flashed to NOR or loaded in PSRAM
so is it better to use rudolphs or ndstation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4