Hacking EZ 3-in-1 for GBA (it's making me dizzy..)

pieceofmind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got EZ 3-in-1 for GBA.
I put Rudolph's Tool on my G6 Real and able to select games either thru SRAM or NOR.

My problem is that you know how GBA games don't cover all part of the screen?
There's this constant "flashing' on the 'not covered part' of the screen and it's making me dizzy.

Is there any way to either stop this flashing or get rid of the rim completely?
I read thru the forum and most questions were regarding how to operate and stuff.

Any help would appreciate.

Thank you.

pieceofmind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick help Destructobot

I tried the one you told me to and still it shows the "flashing" effect on the outside of the actual gba screen.
I was just looking through forums and see that most of the 3-in-1 users are using R4.. I haven't seen G6 Real user with 3-in-1 (However, I know G6 Real should work with 3-in-1 because someone from G6 forum confirmed it.

Sigh.. well, I'll just keep trying other stuff (by the way, I tried this NStation thing and my computer won't let it run- may be it's because it's Windows Vista?? )

And again, thanks for your help~

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a "gbaframe.bmp" file in the \GBA folder? If so, delete it. If not, try putting one there. (it's just a 256x192 24 bit color image. I can post one for you if you can't make one yourself)

pieceofmind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot

I checked the GBA folder and there's only save folder w/ roms; no "gbaframe.bmp" file.
It would be nice if you could post one since I'm not exactly sure how to make one.

Thank you.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here you go: http://www.zshare.net/download/70701380a53abc/

That zip has two files in it. gbaframe.bmp is a plain, dark grey border with a GBA logo at the bottom. gbaframe (black).bmp is pure black, in case you don't want the logo & gray border.

Edit: I just noticed that the one with the logo looks weird when I start a GBA game from the 3in1 ExpPack Tool, but not when I start the game from the M3 Simply menu. You should probably just use the black one.

pieceofmind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot

I put gbaframe.bmp in the gba folder, and the problem still exists.
When I load a game, outside of the GBA screen is still the gba rom selecting screen plus the "flashing" effect.

I also put gbaframe in system folder in case and still with no luck.
It's wierd in the sense that yours show up easily where mine isn't-

I also downloaded latest firmware for G6 Real yet doesn't affect the outcome.

Again, thank you for going thru trouble for uploading file and all.
Really appreicated.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a couple more ideas.

First, make sure you're using the latest kernel for the G6. You can get it here: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

If that doesn't help, try using an older version of the 3in1 ExpPack Tool. Try 1.8 first, and if that still doesn't work, go all the way back to 1.3. Rudolph hadn't added support for GBA frames at that point, so I don't think there's any way the problem could still occur with 1.3.

pieceofmind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Destructobot

I came back to tell you that it's all working great now!
I formatted G6 Real as a last resort (or perhaps which should've been the first solution), and it's working like a magic.

Once again, really appreciate for your willingness to help people who need help around here.

Thank you!!

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dizzyness/nasua is not a good thing to get from flashing electronics....=X. Don't want any pokemon seizures going on! *GO POLYGON* I'm working at my doctors office right now....I'll swipe you some depakote.
(not really gonna swipe scripts)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021