Hacking Extremley noob question

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And i updated the firmware. But how do i put my roms, Skins and homebrew on it? Do i create a folder called Games and another called Homebrew in the root of the SD card? Or simply shove all my files in the CycloDS folder?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Balrogs.Pain said:
And i updated the firmware. But how do i put my roms and homebrew on it? Do i create a folder called Games and another called Homebrew in the root of the SD card? Or simply shove all my files in the CycloDS folder?

However you like really, just dump the files in the root of the folder if you want, or if you have a lot of different files create folders like Àction, and Sports and RPG etc. Certain homebrew have to be in certain folders, but if thats the case the filepaths required would be in in documentation.

Its pretty easy stuff
smile.gif

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Basically you drag and drop all your files. Certain homebrew requires you to put files or folders in the root of your card though. You should just set up your card so its organized.

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, thanks guys. Also For skins and Moonshell (Im not sure if that requires some sort of unique folder) Would i also do the same? or put it in the cycloDS folder.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
The Moonshl folder must in the card's root for it to work. If you want a custom skin on moonshell, replace the original skin folder in the moonshl folder.

But like I said, most games and homebrew don't need specific locations, just folders or extra files if they require them.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Balrogs.Pain said:
Okay, thanks guys. Also For skins and Moonshell (Im not sure if that requires some sort of unique folder) Would i also do the same? or put it in the cycloDS folder.

Create a folder in cycloDS folder called Skins, and place your skin folders in there. As far as moonshell goes, Ive never used that on cyclo myself
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
Put the moonshl folder in the root directory, not the CycloDS folder. Put your pictures, MP3s, and videos in the root directory or make a separate folder for them if you like to be organized. Do NOT put them in moonshl or CycloDS.

The only thing that goes in the CycloDS folder are cheats and skins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.