Extremley noob question

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Balrogs.Pain, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008
  1. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And i updated the firmware. But how do i put my roms, Skins and homebrew on it? Do i create a folder called Games and another called Homebrew in the root of the SD card? Or simply shove all my files in the CycloDS folder?

2. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    However you like really, just dump the files in the root of the folder if you want, or if you have a lot of different files create folders like Àction, and Sports and RPG etc. Certain homebrew have to be in certain folders, but if thats the case the filepaths required would be in in documentation.

Its pretty easy stuff [​IMG]

3. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Basically you drag and drop all your files. Certain homebrew requires you to put files or folders in the root of your card though. You should just set up your card so its organized.

4. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, thanks guys. Also For skins and Moonshell (Im not sure if that requires some sort of unique folder) Would i also do the same? or put it in the cycloDS folder.

5. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    The Moonshl folder must in the card's root for it to work. If you want a custom skin on moonshell, replace the original skin folder in the moonshl folder.

But like I said, most games and homebrew don't need specific locations, just folders or extra files if they require them.

6. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Create a folder in cycloDS folder called Skins, and place your skin folders in there. As far as moonshell goes, Ive never used that on cyclo myself [​IMG]

7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Put the moonshl folder in the root directory, not the CycloDS folder. Put your pictures, MP3s, and videos in the root directory or make a separate folder for them if you like to be organized. Do NOT put them in moonshl or CycloDS.

The only thing that goes in the CycloDS folder are cheats and skins.