ROM Hack Extracting the contents of .bcsar?

Masterlink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey people. So, to give some background information on what I'm trying to do:

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon recently came out on PC and consoles, and as I loved the music, I wanted to extract the files to listen to them without having to rely on Youtube videos, however, the PC files are all encrypted so I had to look for alternative ways of getting those. I noticed that the game also came out on 3DS, so I went ahead and looked at the game's files to see if I could extract the .bcstm music, but apparently the music is stored in a .bcsar file.

I started looking at tools to extract what's inside a .bcsar, but none seem to do anything at all. I tried using the for-some-reason-hard-to-find 3DS Audio Ripper, but all it did was literally making a file that's identical to the .bcsar but with a .csar extension. I then tried to use the same tool to extract something out of that file, but it crashed. Then I used VGM Toolbox, which once again did nothing. I also tried with BCSAR ExtractTools but all it did was giving me like 3 or 4 errors that I was missing some Visual Studio .dll files, and even if I somehow found those, I bet it still wouldn't extract anything out of the .bcsar. After some searching, I found 3DSkit, but same result: nothing.

Apparently, all the tools expect to find .bcwav files, and since there are none, they don't know what else to do other than crashing. After opening the file in a hex editor, I noticed that there are a bunch of .seq files, but I don't know how to extract them and neither do any of the tools I've tried. Some tried to extract a single .cseq file, but it was like 400 bytes long and obviously not what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions? I'll attach the .bcsar file in question in case it's needed.

Attachments

• RON8.rar
    18.9 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Ezegardiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, so, I've already listened to a .bcsar file from Mario Kart 7. To do this, I've used LoopingAudioConverter. It can convert songs from .wav to .bcsar, .brstm... but it can convert .bcsar to .wav, so you can listen to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz