ROM Hack Extracting music.bin and sfx.bin from L'isola dei Famosi DS game

Snorlite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm trying to extract the audio files from the DS game L'Isola dei Famosi. I didn't found any .sdat file, just two .bin (one for the music tracks and the other for sound effects), I don't have any clue on how to convert them in .wav or other standard audio formats.

I uploaded the zip with the bins here, help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IsolaDeiFamosi.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 112

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
music.bin and sfx.bin being the main audio files have been seen in one of the major alternative audio formats commercial DS games have been seen to use
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-various-audio-formats-of-the-ds.305167/

If you just want to rip it then see if the game has an audio test option and go from that. That or find a position in the game where you can do it. You might be able to variously disable or enable the music and/or sound effects (either by modding the files or by disabling the channels it would use in an emulator).

I had a quick fiddle. Importing things into audacity under various settings got some measure of sensible audio playback when it was not bursting my eardrums (should know better than to use headphones at this point). I don't know if anybody properly figured out the format, though if you wanted to try https://github.com/vgmtrans/vgmtrans and maybe vgmtoolbox you might get something.

Snorlite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
music.bin and sfx.bin being the main audio files have been seen in one of the major alternative audio formats commercial DS games have been seen to use

If you just want to rip it then see if the game has an audio test option and go from that. That or find a position in the game where you can do it. You might be able to variously disable or enable the music and/or sound effects (either by modding the files or by disabling the channels it would use in an emulator).

I had a quick fiddle. Importing things into audacity under various settings got some measure of sensible audio playback when it was not bursting my eardrums (should know better than to use headphones at this point). I don't know if anybody properly figured out the format, though if you wanted to try vgmtrans and maybe vgmtoolbox you might get something.

Sorry, the game has no sound test screen. VGMTrans and VGMToolbox don't work neither

Snorlite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, importing the bins into Audacity with the ADPCM format I hear something (even though it's distorted). But in any case they're just samples. Using Nitro Explorer I found just those two files in the audio folder, I don't know where the sequences information is stored

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.