Hacking extracting iso

jack694

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
please help how do i unrar wii iso i am using winrar at the mo and evertime i try with different games i get the same message archive unknown format or file maybe damaged am i doing somthing wrong i try to extract them like you would a dvd i am knew to all this so please excuse my ignorance

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Double click the first RAR file (will be either xxxx.00 or xxxx.01) and it will automatically open WinRAR from which you can just unpack the archive to an ISO file.

If you're getting errors saying file archive corrupt or damaged, then I'm afraid it's corrupt or damaged. May be a bad download, try again. If you know exactly which file is damaged you could always just download that particular one out of the torrent again, but I tend to just do a whole fresh download if this ever happens.

EDIT : Although it's unusual you are getting the same error on different games. Maybe you just got unlucky but it seems unlikely. I think I had this problem years ago when trying to extract PC game ISOs. I really can't remember how I fixed it. Have you tried reinstalling WinRAR? I think in the end I may have done a whole reformat, because something in my registry was f*cked and I needed to do one anyway, but that's a bit drastic. Hopefully someone else will be able to find a fix for you.

EDIT 2 : I have also assumed your game is split in to several sections like most dowloaded ones seem to be.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I am guessing that you have downloaded the title. If so, make sure that the filename is .rar, not something like .001. If you are trying to get it off an official disk, you are going to need to buy a special drive and use the appropriate program to extract it.

cliffey501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might already be extracted ....... when you install winrar it sets .iso files to be opened with winrar.so all .iso files on your computer will have a winrar icon even tho they are actually a .iso file.check the file size .iso files are 4.37GB.

read the error carefully this is what i get: C:\\Documents And Settings\Cliffey\My Documents\Downloads\Sonic Unleashed-NTSC\SU.iso

the archive is either in unknown form or damaged

but if you read the error carefully it tells you that is a .iso file.So burn it with imgburn or whatever you use and your good to go.

cliffey501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
One thing about downloading torrents, the people who are trying to protect that data that you are downloading will upload bad chunks of data to make sure you dont get a good working copy. One thing you can do is download peerguardian and have that running while you are downloading torrents. Doing that cured ALL my issues of corrupted downloads.

Peerguardian will also help protect you from big brother from finding out what you are downloading.

Peerguardian is not a perfect cure-all, but you are safer to have it than to not.

i dont think peer guardian will help with corrupted downloads and as far as "protecting " you from "big brother" it simply fails.anytime you have a direct connection to another computer like you do in a torrent client your ip is easily retvreivable if you know how. if you want protection enable or force protocol encryption and you should be good(or just as good as you would be using peer guardian).Always make sure you download from reputable sources and read the torrent comments if 150 ppl say its a fake it probably is.As for myself i personally stick with private trackers because any fakes or virus ladden files are quickly removed and the uploader banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up