Hacking Extracting eid root key on a non-CFW PS3?

larger0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

I have a non-CFW-compatible 3004 PS3 (3.60 minver) which had a 1 Tb HDD until a few months ago.

The drive currently have problems with the filesystem, the system tries to repair it but fails at a certain point, forcing you to format. So, I just installed the original 160 Gb HDD to keep playing.

I'm currently trying to access the HDD to backup all the savedata. I need my PS3's eid root key, but all the dumpers I found apparently don't work on HAN.

So, it can be done? Can I extract my eid root key on HAN, as my PS3 can't run any CFW, or should I give up?

Thanks!

Deleted member 463137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That's why i install my games to external hdd XD actually i copy my saves to my 4 gig flash drive per 1 month and idc if something happens to my 80 gig internal hdd. if something wrong with it im just inserting to my pc by sata to usb cable and format from disk managent (ik i spelled it wrong) and insert back to my ps3 and then installing cfw and multiman etc. by my cfw flash drive.

Im just recommending play games from external...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOR console? the xregistry (user settings including hdd serial number) is in the vflash on the hdd. that's where most 90% of the flash files are located. anyway, afaik, you can swap out hdds as long as they've been formatted by the same system, so try and see if the hdd will even boot to the xmb, then copy the saves to a flash drive. if it won't boot up, you may sol without the erk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!