Hacking Extract save data from NAND backup?

Saventi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

I lost my Animal Crossing New Leaf Save Data and i don't have a save data backup, but i have a old NAND backup, which should contain the save data. I think I made the backup when I switched from EmuNand to SysNand with Luma3DS. Is there any way to extract the save data from the NAND backup? I found a few old topics, but I do not know how up to date the information is there and since I have not dealt with the topic for a long time, I do not understand everything, so I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC:NL has its save and extdata made on the SD card. If you have that game's 00000001.sav file somewhere, you still need the original 3DS system that save was made under in order to decrypt and recover it.

A backed up SysNAND *.bin image does nothing if you don't have that 3DS/2DS that created it because that too is encrypted.

Saventi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's still the same 3DS. I am not sure if I have a backup of the SD card, but i will search for it. But if I have one: What exactly should I do to restore the save data? Just overwrite the new 00000001.sav on the SD card?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still the same 3DS. I am not sure if I have a backup of the SD card, but i will search for it. But if I have one: What exactly should I do to restore the save data? Just overwrite the new 00000001.sav on the SD card?
The question needs to be asked, did you ever do a Format System Memory and/or System Transfer on that 3DS system between the time you made the AC:NL save up til now? If you did, you lose the original 0x10 bytes keyY within a file called the movable.sed that controls encrypting/decrypting the contents from the Nintendo 3DS folder, including the 00000001.sav. There are ways to recover this exact keyY after you've done Format System Memory or System Transfer, but it's really messy.

Even then, swapping the *.sav file isn't enough by itself because AC:NL is one of those games that have anti-cheat save tampering. You'll need either Checkpoint or JKSM save manager to defeat this security measure.

Saventi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much! No I didn't a Format System Memory or a System Transfer. I hope I can find an old SD backup, but if not there is no way to recover the save data using the NAND or something because it is only stored on the SD card, right?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! No I didn't a Format System Memory or a System Transfer. I hope I can find an old SD backup, but if not there is no way to recover the save data using the NAND or something because it is only stored on the SD card, right?
That's basically it. NAND does not contain game saves except for the few system titles like Face Raider and AR Games.

If you can't find the *.sav file from the SD card it was last placed in, you might be able to pull it out with a data recovery software if it's still there somewhere and hasn't been overwritten yet. Here's a list of programs you can try; go with EaseUS option for your first choice.

Deleting files off of storage drives does not necessarily mean they're permanently gone. It just tells the SD card, flash drive, hard drive, etc. to not display that file and ignore its existence. it'll be intact until the moment new files or data gets written and occupies wherever it was last stored.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL