external hdd for a mod Wii U to place games via the laptop

RoykeD83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Wii U for my son that is soft mod and had an external hdd with it. now i want to put more games on it from my laptop but the laptop doesn't recognize the hdd. is there an app / program for that? and also for installing them.. i'm completely new to this. and hope someone can help me so that my son can also be happy.

Reactions: AncientBoi

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, welcome to GBATemp! We hope you enjoy your stay, stick around a while, and make lots of new friends online here!

Second, you should try asking your question in the subforum dedicated to the Wii U. There’s a lot of knowledgeable people that hang out there who would be delighted to help you with your new Wii U. You can find that subforum here: https://gbatemp.net/forums/nintendo-wii-u.245/

Unfortunately there really isn’t a “Newbie” thread in that subforum like in other subforums, so just make a new thread or even use the search feature to find similar threads that may have already asked the same question and gotten an answer!

Hope you enjoy your stay, and we hope to see you post more!

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, :)

:hrth: And Welcome to GBAtemp! We have gamers and programmer from around the world! :hrth:

We have people with:
:yay::yaysp::yaynds::yay3ds::yaywii::yayu::yayswitch::yaypsp::yayps3::yayone::gba::switch::sp::nds::psp::discuss::download::yay:

Not to mention PC gamers, Game Cubers and Retro gamers as well.

Enjoy our site :D

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to GBATemp! :toot:
As for your hdd, check if it appears in disk management as unallocated (or raw), you can format it as FAT32 32kb clusters with something like Guiformat, but beware it'll remove any data that's on it.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wii U for my son that is soft mod and had an external hdd with it. now i want to put more games on it from my laptop but the laptop doesn't recognize the hdd. is there an app / program for that? and also for installing them.. i'm completely new to this. and hope someone can help me so that my son can also be happy.

It is probably formatted under Wii U file system so it only work with the Wii U, as for getting game you can use NUSspli or Wii U USB Helper etc.

RoykeD83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is probably formatted under Wii U file system so it only work with the Wii U, as for getting game you can use NUSspli or Wii U USB Helper etc.
Okay thank you very much...i use the app NUSspli but there are games iets not on that app..
I first have to find a place where I can get them off because I've been on google and I don't really find anything .. maybe you have a tip with which keywords I can use?
if i have a backup (rom) should these be .iso then? and if they are not, do you know a program for the laptop? and which program should I use to get the games on the usb stick or usb hdd? thank you in advance :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you very much...i use the app NUSspli but there are games iets not on that app..
I first have to find a place where I can get them off because I've been on google and I don't really find anything .. maybe you have a tip with which keywords I can use?
if i have a backup (rom) should these be .iso then? and if they are not, do you know a program for the laptop? and which program should I use to get the games on the usb stick or usb hdd? thank you in advance :)

You can try Wii U USB Helper, but you need to find the keys for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch