Hacking External harddrive issue - please help

Ollie809

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have been lurking in these forums for about a week and while using a lot of useful information, I am struggling with my external HHD I have a WD elements 1TB original as NTFS but I have also now tried it as fat32 I'm having the same problem either way.
It's just not getting picked up. I have tried it with a usb.cfg file and with out. I've tried scan in mmCM and Irisman but nothing. I can get the drive to appear on the mmos desktop file extplore but when ever I click on to it it just has the spinning arrow constantly and nothing loads up.

Can someone tell me what I am missing please I'm going insane with this?
I am running PS3 firmware 4.81 and have debug tool box 02.02.12 if that's any help? I bought it like this.

Thanks
Ollie

Ollie809

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to solve it. I never used the prepNTFS as I thought it was outdated and not needed now.
However now I'm trying to run GT6 from my hard drive it mounts fine, boots fine but then asks me to update and says not enough space. I have over 10 GB internal. Anyone know about this?

Thanks

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a quick google around and it looks like the GT6 updates are around 20GB. You'll want to free up more than that though as it also usually uses a bit of extra space during installation,etc.

Last edited by spectral,

Ollie809

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! 20GB is huge haha .That will be why. I have 15GB free. When I tried to update it I had a message saying I needed at least 1207 mb so was a bit confused.

Is there a way to patch it on my PC? The iso is split but I guess I could use the unsplit one now I'm back on NTFS. I will have a Google but if any one has a link or know if I can or can't patch it on my laptop first would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Ollie809,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water