Hacking external hard drive keeps disconnecting from wii

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so heres the deal
i have a wii v3.4u that i have softmodded. i have ios 249rev19 installed and a cmios. also i have bootmii installed and i have usbloader gx on my system menu.

heres my problem
i bought a hard drive enclosure for my old laptops hard drive. i put it together and windows recognizes it. i made a partition in the drive and have it formated to fat32(by formating it with my xbox 360 which formats it to fat32) and the other partition is in wbfs. but when i plug my hdd into my wii usbloader will not recognize it. i have tried both usb ports and ive tried plugging it in before and after the wii is powered on. also when i go into the homebrew channel it recognizes it for a few seconds then disconnects and same with the sd card. i waite a few seconds and the sd card is recognized again. I looked on google for the list of compatible drives and found that my enclosure is compatible.

ive tried reformating and that didnt work. also i tried mounting it in wad manager before hand and wad manager didnt recognize it. ive also tried plugging one of the usb addapters in my cable to another power source and the other(the data cable) into the wii and that didnt work.

PLEASE HELP ME I CANNOT GET ANYTHING TO WORK I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

also ive searched google and think it might be that my external drive is set to automatically spin down but i cant find any instructions on how to deactivate that.

oh and im running windows xp service pack3

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got it working but i had to downgrade my cios to rev 9 so it works but now i cant use some other things with my hdd such as using wii dvd dump. the app that will work is usbloader 1.1 and it works great but i want to use it for other things

also i brought it over to my cousins and his wii that had cios rev 19 recognized it

"When you load USB Loader GX, do you see a screen that allows you to select a partition?"
no i dont it just automatically loads the wbfs partition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1