The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have a Wii, and an external hard drive from which I play my games. The other day I went to a friend's house which also has a Wii, but plays his games from an external disc drive. He uses uLoader.

Got 2 questions about this:

1.- Which backup loaders can read discs from external DVD drives besides uLoader?

2.- If so, can any of those read gamecube backups?

Wish I could play some scratched games I have.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
The Composer said:
I have a Wii, and an external hard drive from which I play my games. The other day I went to a friend's house which also has a Wii, but plays his games from an external disc drive. He uses uLoader.

1.- Which backup loaders can read discs from external drives besides uLoader?

Im not exacly sure what you are asking here. Are you asking about a hard drive or DVD? I cant see why not any loader wouldnt work in either case though (cfg usb loader, wiiflow, usb loader GX etc etc, search for it..)
Anyway, in answer to #2, no loaders can play GC games natively(using the built-in GC support in the wii) from any external source, as the Wii turns off all functions which wasnt present on the actual GC (such as USB, bluetooth etc)
Ive heard that there are ways to load GC games in other means, but its really bad and low compability.
In other words - GC games on anything but the Wii DVD drive is pretty much a no-go.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Lucif3r said:
Im not exacly sure what you are asking here. Are you asking about a hard drive or DVD?

I'm asking about DVD drives. I want to know if there are other backup loaders that can read dvd backups from a dvd external drive.

Thanks for answering my second question.

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:

1.- Which backup loaders can read discs from external DVD drives besides uLoader?

1. uLoader is the only loader that does that.
2. Not sure about gc backups tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show