Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I have Reinx 1.6 installled and using OS 4.10
I've been trying to get my 128gb memory card to be detected Using this guide

I've realised i've used the stock guide instead of the CFW
im at this point in the tutorial (6 minutes in)

I get a blue screen on boot. I can still get into RCM
I used Penny Punching Princess (RF) NSW.xci as the patch xci
I tried to re-push ReiNX.bin but get the error "error: package2 magic invaid! patching os..."

Any ideas?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
restore your nand image... from your backup and use choidujour nx method instead

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Never follow YouTube videos or guides as they can get outdated very quickly
  • As Canna previously stated, restore the NAND backup you made and use ChoiDujourNX instead of following the video
  • There are at least 3 ReiNX threads you could have posted in without making a new thread here, here, or here

cramhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get to make a NAND. HB launcher wouldn't load after ReiNX was installed so i figured it was to do with the memory card not mounting. So it's bricked?

Reactions: Seelbreaker

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't get to make a NAND.
RIP
As said above, all you needed to do with the latest tools is use ChoiDujourNX, and you could've installed the exFAT update in ONE CLICK.

People need to stop following youtube video tutorials for these kind of stuff, everything is more succinctly outlined by text guides (which are usually also more complete, and also more easily updated).
And that video also has comments from other users who also got a blue screen (but they had a NAND backup to restore to unbrick their Switch).

At this point, you might need to build a new working NAND, which is a VERY lengthy process without ChoiNX.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
Hopefully you can still get a working copy of a complete set of your biskeys even in that state.

Worst case... at least you can still use it for Lakka :P

Last edited by bundat,
Reactions: Powerful

p0tent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used that video a month ago and it worked great. The problem is he used an XCI with the wrong firmware version that his switch has which the video clearly states at 4:40 to not do.

cramhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I took a gamble.
I couldn't find a info about matching firmware with games.
I thought that a lower one wouldn't make a difference.
I stoopid head

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
RIP
As said above, all you needed to do with the latest tools is use ChoiDujourNX, and you could've installed the exFAT update in ONE CLICK.

People need to stop following youtube video tutorials for these kind of stuff, everything is more succinctly outlined by text guides (which are usually also more complete, and also more easily updated).
And that video also has comments from other users who also got a blue screen (but they had a NAND backup to restore to unbrick their Switch).

At this point, you might need to build a new working NAND, which is a VERY lengthy process without ChoiNX.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
Hopefully you can still get a working copy of a complete set of your biskeys even in that state.

Worst case... at least you can still use it for Lakka :P

How do you update the exfat update in one click with ChoidujourNX? I am trying to do so and even if you have the correct XCI for your FW, you still have to extract the update part of it which seems like some work.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And that guide, as well as the guide I linked, are both obsoleted by ChoiDujourNX (which can do both in 1 click).

Well... the guide I linked is still useful if you can't boot Horizon.
even if you have the correct XCI for your FW, you still have to extract the update part of it which seems like some work.
*cough xbins cough*
Damn, I caught the cough from the original guide.

Reactions: Bullseye

LogixSpecs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be late for this but a couple of days ago I had the same setup as yours, firmware 4.1.0 MicroSD 128GB. The first thing I did was backing up a clean NAND using this https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/ and proceeded to update xxFAT patch using the guide method 1 and succeeded without a problem. The guide specifically told you to double check the game to match the firmware version which was Kirby Star Allies for 4.1.0. I'm sorry I cannot help you for this but at least you can get into RCM so there might be a fix lying around.

What is the difference between this method and ChoiDujourNX's though? The guide said that the patch would only last until a system update. Are both of them the same?

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
And that guide, as well as the guide I linked, are both obsoleted by ChoiDujourNX (which can do both in 1 click).

Well... the guide I linked is still useful if you can't boot Horizon.

*cough xbins cough*
Damn, I caught the cough from the original guide.

Oh snap. *cough*. Think I got a cold now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4