Homebrew Exception (DSI) occurred! Can't do anything.

bigbronco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
I think my WII is bricked. Here is the story. My kid brought our wii motes to a friends house and re-synced them. So, I could not get to the right screen to re-sync them. I bought a game cube controller to get to the right screen so I could re-sync the wii motes. On the first screen it asked to update The Homebrew Chanel so I used the GC controller to update HBC. Everything went fine and the new graphics looked great. I tried to get to the wii menu so I could re-sync, but the GC A button wouldn't do anything; none of the buttons worked. So I did a hard reboot with the power button and now it will only boot to a black screen with: Exception (DSI) occurred! with:
GPR08, 11,and GPR14-28 all @ 00000000.
MSR: 00000000
DAR: 00000008
DSISR: 06000000

STACK DUMP w/ 5 sets of #'s

Code Dump w/ 3 sets of #'s

It won't boot with the SD card in or out. It just boots to the black screen.

Is it a brick?? What can I do to fix it. I modded it like a year and a half ago. I think it is cIOS38 running off the SD card with games on a WD 1TB USB drive.

Thanks for any help. BB

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have preloader or priiloader installed? Hold the reset button when turning on the wii. Or maybe you have bootmii boot2?

bigbronco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have priiloader installed. And yes it will boot to the Priiloader screen. I don't want to sound too stupid. But is has been a while since I used this screen. What should I do from here?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bigbronco said:
Got it FIX94. Thank you very much.
Oh sorry that I not helped you (you are not the onliest one with a problem)
Now I would like to know how you got it, if it's OK.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, we need closure
wink.gif

-[]D

bigbronco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not being rude I was very happy that you reminded me that I had Priiloader. I loaded a earlier ver. of HBC to my SD card, booted to the Priiloader screen, entered load a file, loaded HBC. Once that loaded I went to the wii menu with the GC controller and re-synced the wii-motes. Then I downloaded the latest HBC put it on My SD card and updated it to the wii and all is good. Sorry I sounded rude it was not my intention.

Thanks again, BB
yaywii.gif

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know you can resync the wiimotes by pressing the red button in the battery compartment and the red button above the sd slot at the same time.

bigbronco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you are on the HBC screen.
lecture.gif
That is why you need a GC controller to get there if the wii-motes are used on another system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls