Hacking Exactly what step are we missing for an exploit on 9.4?

furrysalamander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have still have ROP through the web browser, so are we just missing the jump to code execution? I was a noob and installed the update to 9.4 over the holidays since I wanted eShop access and didn't have a gateway.

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
We have still have ROP through the web browser, so are we just missing the jump to code execution? I was a noob and installed the update to 9.4 over the holidays since I wanted eShop access and didn't have a gateway.

the same to me, i update by mistake (the message for the update comes 2 times when i have the emuNAND already update, but with my ignorance can with me and i update the second time, and i lost everyting i have before :sad:.

well i have nand backups i have created with the CFW i have created before, but almost i cant get acces to my 3DS for 3 screws that not let me can acces to the inside for the Hardmod :( now my only hope if the GW o somebody bring to us a update or something for the 9.4.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if GW is holding back 9.4 support that coincides with N3DS support, in the form of a new exploit chain that only they know about. The longer they keep it unreleased, the longer Nintendo keeps producing more vulnerable units, the more money they can potentially make. It's one of few reasons I can think of that they haven't released the N3DS exploit yet.

Think it really F'ing sucks for those of us who bought cards in anticipation of a timely release, but that's really our fault more than anything. Maybe I'm just being hopeful

Reactions: Random Joe

furrysalamander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I'm really kicking myself now, because if I hadn't updated, I didn't even need a gateway to roll my firmware back to 4.5, which is what I really want at this point.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What do you mean nobody knows? XD
he means nobody knows....pretty self explanatory, but i suppose you could say nobody knows publicly just in-case gateway do have another trick up their sleeve, but even if they did i doubt they would use it now, 90% of people who want gateway stayed on the correct FW, anyone who didnt ....well its their own fault they where warned with plenty of time

furrysalamander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, someone publicly knows which step in the exploit chain we're missing to get ARM 9 access through the browser exploit in 9.4

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
really if somebody knows something for an exploit for 9.4/9.5 is already done but as they says only as private exploit

well, for us is a waiting game

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Simplified, there are 4 steps to a proper exploit.
An entry point, arm11 userland code execution, arm11 kernel access, and arm9 kernel access.
The Spider ROP Loader only gives us userland code execution. Arm11 kernel access I believe is needed first in order to get arm9 code execution, so all 4 are required for say a CFW.

From a .bin file loaded with spider ROP loader it would be possible to exploit the system further and gain the access needed, but this is the hard part and no one skilled is willing to release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.