Hacking Every single game on my new Acekard2 is freezing.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And some aren't even booting up at all. I can usually make it to the title screen, but when I start up the game it freezes.

All I did was download these http://www.acekard.com/download.php and then unzip them on to the cart, along with some roms (.nds files).
And I tried both of them but both are having the same problems.

Is there some kind of fix for this?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds as if your new card is either:

Faulty
or
Fake

Send it back to the seller and ask for a replacement or refund.

Juuust before you do that, just try a reformat - or better still - another microSD card.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so it seems that even the games that work screw up EXACTLY when I go to save. Pokemon, Mario and Luigi, all of them freeze at the save screen. What's going on?

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm using Akaio. You know it's good when the official website recommends it.

One off topic question. I heard you can get a GBA emulator on this thing. Is that true? How do I go about that?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
The_Office_owns said:
One off topic question. I heard you can get a GBA emulator on this thing. Is that true? How do I go about that?
Noooooooooooo!!!

Use the search button, even better - your eyes! There are a ton of threads about this, many still front page on several of the different forums.

Simple answer - NO.

If you have a slot 2 device, such as EZ 3in1 or EZ 3in1 Plus then yes, the Acekard 2i with Akaio will load GBA roms into the slot 2 for playing then load the save games back to the Acekard after.

Without a slot 2 the answer is no.

tavueni

Trophies
XP
Country
Just came across and if it helps and it's not too late to forward the information, if you ordered your card from DealExtreme or PriceAngels (both of which appear to be the same company) I think they either sell clone cards or older hardware revisions.

The reason I say this that most pictures advertised on the web for the Acekard show plastic packaging and orders from both of the above websites come in pokey small cardboard boxes (so in my opinion either fake or old hardware revisions so chuck them in a cardboard box). When I had EXACTLY the same problem, I found that downgrading from the latest AKAIO 1.5.1 and official 4.18 and 4.21 firmwares to ak2_407_a15_20080626, all the problems seem to go away.

Download from here and see if helps you as it did me http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/

Good luck!

tav

ninjageekgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Tavueni:

Your solution works. What I dont get is
a) WHY this happens. (ive researched for a solid 8 hours. No one knows

and

b) why older versions work.

That seems wrong to me. That older versions should work.

And no my Acekard is not a fake.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158...30#entry2666236
at least im pretty confident that it isnt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back