OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fray999.free.fr
XP
Country
France
As announced in this thread, I have released a new version of this game, it is available in the download section and on the dedicated website (ee.meushi.com)

67318.png

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame that more people aren't talking about this. I want to congratulate you on a job very well done - EE is definitely a "cult classic" among my circle of friends and missing EEE is one of the few reasons I wish I owned a PSP. This is a fantastic implementation of the original, the whole package just "feels" right.

I may have to play with the light settings on my DS a bit, as I just now downloaded the game... but the yellow cubes seemed to blend in just a little too much where it was difficult for me to pick them out (especially given how crowded the playing field gets when the first "set" of cannons comes out and you're on 8x quicken
wink.gif
) Perhaps just saturating their color a bit more could make them easier to find
smile.gif

I hope you continue to work on this. Again, cheers for a great job.

edit: just realized two more items I had for you Goldohulk... #1, I ran this perfectly on an AK2, letting the card patch the nds file for me, so I wanted to let you know it works there. #2, are the top scores REALLY the top scores or has the score reporting been compromised? 30M is incredibly high (not to mention I believe impossible - at least it would have been in Light Mode of the original EE). Is scoring handled the same as the original or does this version simply have inflated scores?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There's a "bug" that I noticed. The item collection hit box is wrong.

In the PC game, you can collect items by simply touching them with your spike, but for an enemy to kill you they or their projectiles have to hit you in the dot in the middle of your craft. Basically, the hit box for item collection should be bigger than the hit box for getting killed. At the moment it seems you're using the same hit box for both item collection and enemy collision.

Hope that makes sense. @__@"

Dark Reality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I don't like the idea of not being able to shoot (as I read...somewhere), but damn, I am curious. I'm gonna give it a shot.
smile.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
genuisgeek said:
so how exactly does this game work?
Concept is easy to explain. How to master it... is harder.

The aim of the game is simply high score. Basically, you try to blow yourself up near an enemy. When you blow yourself up, you lose a life, but you gain lives from getting points (when the game says "extend", you get another life). So, what you want to do is try to take as many enemies out as possible with one explosion. This can be done by chaining. Wait till there are lots of enemies close to each other, then blow yourself up. The enemies you blow up will create another explosion, and if that enemy is near another, they blow up in chain. Higher the chain, higher the point.

You want to blow up near the enemies, but don't touch them, since you will lose a life, but you get no point and also get a time penalty.

There are different kinds of enemies:

White cubes: Normal enemies. Don't really do much.

Green cubes: Similar to white, but they leave a transparent green cube after dying. Collect them for points. Try to collect as much as you can as this is the only way you can get points without having to blow yourself up.

Purple cubes:
Leave purple transparent cubes (Quicken items) after dying. The items will make enemies appear faster. This is desirable as there will be more enemies on the screen to kill.

Sub bosses: They are big ass things that appear at intervals that shoot bullets at you. You can't destroy the bullets so avoid them. When a sub boss die they leave transparent yellow cubes. Collect to gain time rewards.

Boss: Appears when your time reaches a certain limit. He takes several hits to kill and shoot different patterns of bullets at you. Once you kill him the game ends and the score tallies.

(Slightly more) Advanced strategies:

Don't stay too close to the edge of the screen. Enemies may appear without warning and kill you.

Try to chain a bunch of cubes to get to the boss, rather than blowing up right next to him. You'll get more points.

Purple cubes stop appearing after you get 6 quicken items. You can get more than 6 quicken items by, after you get 5, when the next purple cubes appear, rather than killing it straight away, wait till one or two other purple cubes appear on the screen before blowing them up. This way you can get 7, 8 or even 9 quicken items.

The items left behind by enemies float away the opposite direction of the explosion that killed it. Try to plan your explosion so that the items remain on the screen for you to collect.

Normally, sub bosses appear one at a time. If you have more than 6 quicken items, two or three may even appear at the same time. This is desirable as you can get more time-extension cubes.

I'm just covering "light mode" here. There is also a "heavy mode" which is harder but it's not in the DS version so...

Here are some videos of the PC version. They're actually vidoes of the heavy mode, but they should give you a feel of what to do. (Keep in mind the guys playing aren't very good.)

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=lTR0z8n11Jg&...feature=related
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=bWrCwZFro40&...feature=related

And here's a video review that might help:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vkJeC8IfA&...feature=related

Well, that was a long ass post. I hope someone finds it useful.

Goldohulk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fray999.free.fr
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
this version simply have inflated scores
In fact, The reason why high scores are so high is that for debugging purpose, I commented the line that limit purple items to 8, so with 10 or more items, you can launch an infinite explosion loop when the boss appear ... Next release with fix that among other things (mainly yellow items alpha, pause menu), making actual high scores incompatible.
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.