EverLoader 2.0 for EverSD released

EL2.JPG

Shortly after announcing the support of the EverSD on the Evercade VS system, the EverSD team is back with another announcement: the release of EverLoader 2.0. This open source software lets users sync games to their MicroSD for use with the EverSD which now works on both the Evercade and Evercade VS systems. It also automatically scrapes game details such as boxart images, screenshots and description online from the GameDB database.

Below are the EverLoader 2.0's current features:
  • Sync your games with your MicroSD easily
  • Auto scrape boxart, screenshots/banners and game descriptions
  • Add button map descriptions
  • Auto add missing cores
  • Add your own desired cartridge name
More features are planned for a future release and these include:
  • Ability to run games directly into Retroarch
  • Select your desired core to run the game
  • RGB Lightbar control
  • Drag and drop games directly
Head to the existing GBAtemp thread linked below to join the discussion and to find the link to the Discord server where you can get additional support and updates.

:download: EverLoader 2.0 GitHub download link
:discuss: GBAtemp discussion thread

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That being said, if you're going to run it on the sd card where you've already used older versions of the everloader, you're going to need to clear out the old pointers or you're going to "double" the amount of games in the menu on the evercade.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That being said, if you're going to run it on the sd card where you've already used older versions of the everloader, you're going to need to clear out the old pointers or you're going to "double" the amount of games in the menu on the evercade.
good point. same goes for anyone that has used any version of my scripts as well.
glad to see an official and proper replacement for my janky tinkering finally materialize.
EverLoader 2.x is a breeze to use!

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these guys associated with the people from everloader 1.0?
no idea. EverLoader 1.0 being a manual process is what drove me to make automation scripts in the first place.
EverLoader 2.0 is even easier for me to use myself than using my own scripts.
It only supports stock emulators for now but Retroarch support is "coming soon".

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i understand. I think i finally understand what's going on.

There's a product called the evercade that is a console that supports multiple game cartridges and lets you play your games this way. Idk what the name of the company is.

Then you have eversd which i could have sworn had been the name of like twenty different flash cards. They made a flashcard for the console. This is the program that puts the games on the flash card. Like haxchi for the minis. I don't get where retroarch comes from if it's in the flashcard or the console.

Do eversd flashcards that were made for gba and whatever work in this thing too? Or do you need the cart for this console.

Is the flashcart just an sd card adapter shaped like a gba cart?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evercade and Evercade VS are consoles made by Blaze Entertainment

EverSD is a homebrew cartridge made by a completely unrelated company that is for use exclusively in Evercade products (handheld and VS console).

EVERDRIVE is a family name of the many different flashcarts made by Krikzz which are for original retro consoles like NES/SNES/GB/GBA/PCE (although they work in some aftermarket retro consoles that mimic the originals as well.

The EverLoader program mentioned in this thread is related to the EverSD homebrew cart which is for use in EVERCADE devices (which are made by Blaze Entertainment).

Hopefully that straightens you out. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse